IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Um....
Isn't MFC a mostly a GUI framework, of which container classes are a small part?
--
Chris Altmann
New That would be correct...
Doesn't mean that he can't push the portable elements of STL though. Learning *ONLY* the Frustration class containers is detrimental to one's learning...
New Well...
...it's actually a thin, thin, 16mm shell around the Windoze API, with some container things (I wouldn't dignify them by calling them "objects") thrown in for good (?) measure. All neatly packaged up and called an "obejct framework" by marketing droids who (along with their engineering counterparts) wouldn't know an object if it came up and (rightly) kicked any of them squarely in the ass.

Yes it does, of course, wrap the GUI aspects of Windoze. It claims to do so much more, however, and while there isn't a dime's worth of difference between using the MFC or the raw API counterparts (except the API doesn leak resources nearly as much) for graphics, there is a real need for containers in Windowz, so teaching the STL can generate a real transfer of knowledge.
jb4
"I remember Harry S. Truman's sign on his desk. 'The buck stops here.' Strange how those words, while still true, mean something completely different today." -- Brandioch
     IBM's Intel Linux plans. HP/Disney's Linux plans. - (brettj) - (9)
         I try to tell people but they don't listen - (tjsinclair) - (8)
             They have "stick with what ya know" syndrome. - (brettj) - (1)
                 Good link! Thanks... -NT - (tjsinclair)
             Please, PLEASE, PUH-LEEEEZE.... - (jb4) - (4)
                 Um.... - (altmann) - (2)
                     That would be correct... - (hnick)
                     Well... - (jb4)
                 Understood - (tjsinclair)
             Ummm.. that sounds a Lot like - (Ashton)

A taste of the local Surf n'Quaff.
144 ms