IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Well, yes.
But there is a process by which coal can be turned into petroleum products (used by Germany in WWII, IIRC) - and I think the point was that if that process is economic for China, is it something the US should be using?

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.
New I suspect that the overall trade-off calculations
would be formidable AND: any 'unbiased' conclusions would certainly die in the face of coercion for individual and entrenched profits. Surely there could be no honest 'debate'! (Not in US, anyway)

Still, however the above calculations went: a 'prosperity formula' based upon ever-increasing consumption - has a name, and the end-reult is not even suspenseful for any exponential equation in which the exponent is +.

Oh well. Rearranging deck chairs keeps people off the streets. We are all temps now.

Ashton
New We always have been
We are all temps now.
Has this changed recently? Or is it just the terminology that threw you? We used to be called "just poor players." We all shuffle off eventually. Seems pretty "temp" to me, all things considered.

[ Edit was a typo ]
===
Microsoft offers them the one thing most business people will pay any price for - the ability to say "we had no choice - everyone's doing it that way." -- [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=38978|Andrew Grygus]
Expand Edited by drewk June 21, 2002, 09:03:05 AM EDT
New I'd say there are degrees of temp-orariness
I meant in the connotation of bizness, the successor to business (where there had always been a rotating crew of "outsourced people" for certain jobs; in the past - these were a small minority of 'jobs', though):

The obvious trend of international Corporate planning - is for virtually all liabilities (a list to which most personnel have recently been formally added) to be 'outsourced'. Makes for flexibility in dumping an entire 'Company' / or merging with another expendable one, reducing all bonds to junkbonds, effectively: but leaving the Exec. parachutes both larger and more easily deployable.

Since Corporations have become the de-facto substitute for largely-neglected local governance (in too many places - but especially in the US) - I'd suggest that the plans of such asocial entities are the largest force determining the near-future living conditions of those 'interchangeable worker drones':

whose cubicles already need only a giant Water [Cola? = stimulant] Bottle.. to perfectly emulate a hamster cage. Surely these will become smaller; perhaps even fork-lift 'stackable' .. next (?) as cel-fones expand in capability to allow 'Corp-realted activity to continue.. til just before dropping off to sleep. (People + pharm-chem supplements shall soon become inured to 5-hour "sleep outages from work" - we are sooo adaptable..)

Or do you see some other trend in MBA-think which I have missed?

Ashton
New Guess I should have included the ;) with the (intended) joke
===
Microsoft offers them the one thing most business people will pay any price for - the ability to say "we had no choice - everyone's doing it that way." -- [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=38978|Andrew Grygus]
New Hey.. some plan to stick around forever!___Sorta.
     We have plenty of coal but what is the energy/environmental - (boxley) - (9)
         Coal burning leads to pollution - (orion) - (6)
             Well, yes. - (imric) - (5)
                 I suspect that the overall trade-off calculations - (Ashton) - (4)
                     We always have been - (drewk) - (3)
                         I'd say there are degrees of temp-orariness - (Ashton) - (2)
                             Guess I should have included the ;) with the (intended) joke -NT - (drewk) - (1)
                                 Hey.. some plan to stick around forever!___Sorta. -NT - (Ashton)
         Heck, even Alaska has coal! - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             Oh the usibelli welfare project - (boxley)

Per nostra Pentium Quatro cum 2 gigahertzum e bus de cuatrocentum megahertzum...
Deo Gratie...
Per nostros Quinientum Doce megabaitum de RAMus...
Deo Gratie...
Per nostra GeForsum Duo Mu Omega cum centum ventiocho megabytum de memoria Delta Delta Rho...
Deo Gratie...
E por nostro casum de aluminum con sweetum modus e infinitum blinkenlightenus...
Amen
53 ms