IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Frontpage Extensions (Opinions sought).
What do you guys think of Linux/Apache running FP Extensions and why?
bcnu,
Mikem
New Been there doing that...
[link|http://grccbtt3.grcc.edu|This webserver], is one I built about 1.5 years ago. Using ChiliSoft!ASP with FP extensions on it.

Right now I am playing with other products to serve ASP and have FP extensions...

To be honest there is REALLY no good reason to have FP extensions other than LAZY users. Which unfortuneately MOST of us have.

The dumb buns... actually are using an MS access DB to keep track of results. But an MySQL DB to run it.

greg, curley95@attbi.com -- REMEMBER ED CURRY!!!
New Any bad security risks associated w/FP Ext?
New Uhhh....
Bad/Lazy users practices and creative NON-Users using the bad/lazy practices are your worst enemys.

Oh well... worry about those (L)users.

L8R... T8R...

greg, curley95@attbi.com -- REMEMBER ED CURRY!!!
New Google is your friend.
[link|http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&q=%22FrontPage+Extensions%22+Security&btnG=Google+Search|Google Search for: "Frontpage Extensions" Security]

These seem to refer to old versions, but still, you might prefer to talk people out of them.

Wade.

"Ah. One of the difficult questions."

New Thank you.
>>... you might prefer to talk people out of them.

I was hoping somebody would say that. That's pretty much what I've always done, but was afraid I was being paranoid, and perhaps giving people bad advice. :-)

New Thank you.

I was hoping somebody would say that. That's pretty much what I've always done, but was afraid I was being paranoid, and perhaps giving people bad advice. :-)

New Thank you.

New You are supposed to fill out *FORMS* in triplicate! :-P
"... I couldn't see how anyone could be educated by this self-propagating system in which people pass exams, teach others to pass exams, but nobody knows anything."
--Richard Feynman
New Not my fault.
See thread in Open Forum. The first post gets resubmitted all the time and I didn't notice it until my triplicate here. I was in different forums, hit "Save" and the first one got posted again. After I'd tried to post twice, I went back and saw this. Haven't resolved the problem completely yet (and its anyone's guess where this post will end up - and if the content will be lost).\t
bcnu,
Mikem
     Frontpage Extensions (Opinions sought). - (mmoffitt) - (9)
         Been there doing that... - (folkert) - (8)
             Any bad security risks associated w/FP Ext? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (7)
                 Uhhh.... - (folkert)
                 Google is your friend. - (static) - (5)
                     Thank you. - (mmoffitt)
                     Thank you. - (mmoffitt)
                     Thank you. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                         You are supposed to fill out *FORMS* in triplicate! :-P -NT - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                             Not my fault. - (mmoffitt)

Any movie with Tim Curry as The Lord of Darkness can't be all bad.
96 ms