IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Joe Biden Expresses Regret to Anita Hill, but She Says ‘I’m Sorry’ Is Not Enough
NYT.

YAN ..dis-Establishmentarian to help the DNC screw-up again, right at the Gates of Self-immolation-by-fecklessness.
(Yess, I DO hope I'm utterly-Rong, that Magick-might ..happen??)

WASHINGTON — Former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. called Anita Hill earlier this month to express his regret over “what she endured” testifying against Justice Clarence Thomas at the 1991 Supreme Court hearings that put a spotlight on sexual harassment of women, according to a spokeswoman for Mr. Biden.

But Ms. Hill, in an interview Wednesday, said she left the conversation feeling deeply unsatisfied and declined to characterize his words to her as an apology. She said she is not convinced that Mr. Biden truly accepts the harm he caused her and other women who suffered sexual harassment and gender violence.

“I cannot be satisfied by simply saying I’m sorry for what happened to you. I will be satisfied when I know there is real change and real accountability and real purpose,” she said.

She said she cannot support Mr. Biden, who as chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee in 1991 oversaw the confirmation of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, until he takes responsibility for what he did and is also troubled by the recent accusations of improper touching.
Anita Hill testified before the Senate Judiciary Committee during confirmation hearings for Justice Clarence Thomas in October 1991.

..Saw that Hearing in a motel room in D.C. that night (Nightline on TV.) While I sorta-concur with those who opine that Joe's mainly a Big-hugger of both sexes, his failure to Notice--in recent-years--just WHY he shoulda quit that stuff, at least two years ago.. is a Tell as to his social consciousness? mindset? ..shallowness of a sort.

Carrion.. we'll need an extra Trash-pickup from the garbage mongers, each week 'till Democracyageddon faces the coin-flip.
New The typical politician's non-apology "apology".
"I’m sorry for what happened to you" is about the same as "I’m sorry you're feeling butt-hurt". An apology is when you say "I’m sorry for what I did."
--
Christian R. Conrad
Same old username (as above), but now on iki.fi

(Yeah, yeah, it redirects to the same old GMail... But just in case I ever want to change.)
     Joe Biden Expresses Regret to Anita Hill, but She Says ‘I’m Sorry’ Is Not Enough - (Ashton) - (1)
         The typical politician's non-apology "apology". - (CRConrad)

I have a cunning plan...
30 ms