IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Elections since November 2018 would argue otherwise.
There's been a large (~10 point) swing toward Democrats since Donnie took office. That has continued.

In many cases, it hasn't been enough to win (e.g. many Senate races), but that is enough to overwhelm close races.

It's hard to make predictions, especially about the future, but if someone has the stamina and the qualities to survive the upcoming Democratic primaries (where they will experience 2019-2020's version of "but her emails" for months on end, etc.) then they will be in a good position in the fall of 2020.

Women are pissed off. People who aren't getting the tax refunds they expected are pissed off. They're not going away.

And Mueller's report still hasn't dropped yet...

We'll see.

Cheers,
Scott.
New You're whistling past the graveyard again, my friend.
I'll grant you that in places other than "The Heartland"™ results have been good for Democrats. But, Indiana booted their Democratic Senator by a large margin in '18, as did Missouri, as did North Dakota. And these were NOT flaming lefty's.

And let's not forget 42 percent of Muricans have a positive view of Trump, even today FFS.

I'm afraid it's increasingly looking like you'll have to once again trot out that old trope, "But, s/he won the popular vote!" whilst dreading (like all of us) four more years.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New I hope you're right
But I fear you're more wrong than peach on a pizza.
New Heh. :-) Brexit?
While you're here, what do you think is going to happen on Friday March 29th?

1) Kick the can down the road (90+ delay on Brexit)

2) May's "Deal" approved and implemented

3) Crashout Brexit with No "Deal"

4) 1 + New Referendum
4a) New Referendum asks: May's "Deal" or No Brexit
4b) New Referendum asks: Brexit or No Brexit

5) Parliament wakes up (before or after new elections) and walks back from the brink. No Brexit (Article 50 revoked) and Parliament revokes the EU (Withdrawal) Act of 2018.

6) Something else?

I keep assuming it will eventually be #5, but May is so stubborn that I wouldn't be surprised if it's #1. I can't see #2 happening, but I can't see the Tories and the anti-EU folks easily giving up on their chance to "stick it to the libs" as the Teabaggers over here love trying to do...

Cheers,
Scott.
New Re: Heh. :-) Brexit?
It'll be one or two; or some shit amalgam of the pair. Do not underestimate the ability of the UK government to make a bad situation even worse.
     2020 GE Predictions Thread - (pwhysall) - (10)
         Curse You! Red Barren; ya mean that.. - (Ashton)
         You may be right, but for the wrong reason - (drook)
         Mine. - (mmoffitt)
         Elections since November 2018 would argue otherwise. - (Another Scott) - (4)
             You're whistling past the graveyard again, my friend. - (mmoffitt)
             I hope you're right - (pwhysall) - (2)
                 Heh. :-) Brexit? - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     Re: Heh. :-) Brexit? - (pwhysall)
         donnie will win if the electorate fears the senate turning democratic if the senate looks good - (boxley)
         Re: 2020 GE Predictions Thread - (lincoln)

Sharp as a balloon.
88 ms