IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Brexit meaningful vote 202 Yes 432 No.
Now what? A vote of no confidence might prevail, but I doubt it. What a colossal disaster. Not the deal, Cameron's idiotic idea to have a Remain-Leave binary referendum. What a complete tool. If there were a scale of incompetence with Trump on one end and Cameron on the other, you couldn't measure the difference between them with a micrometer.

I'd like to tell Peter, "You're okay. Look at Trump!" but I have grave doubts about the UK being any better than here at the moment. I
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New So much for renegotiating.
Which May was going to try if the difference in votes was less than 60. 230 is a complete, historical blow-out. May now has until Monday to come back to Parliament with a new plan. GLWT.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Very unlikely
The primary sticking point is the Irish border. No way that gets renegotiated before Monday (unless the plan is "relinquish Northern Ireland". Then things would get even more interesting...).
New To be fair Farage and Johnson spoke about the Irish border at length during the referendum campaign.
I kid, I kid. ;0(
bcnu,
Mikem

New I got to visit Belfast last July on my British Isles cruise.
Even though "the troubles" in NI are quiet there at the moment, you can sense that it is a powder keg just below the surface. It would not take much for someone to adapt a fuse. There's probably a team in St. Petersburg (the one in Russia) working on it.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Well, Putin is happy!
Screwing up the EU was the goal.

Get tRump to break up NATO, which is on track, and the Europeans might as well start learning Russian. Not that she's part of the cabal, Merkel is already there.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New May survives 325 to 306.
bcnu,
Mikem

New (stolen) Summary of yesterday's events
(CR) Theresa May = Nothing has changed
(LL) Kate Hoey = She's said something shitty about the border
(CL) David Davis = Negotiator who couldn't negotiate has an idea for negotiations
(CL) Dominic Raab = See David Davis
(CL) Nadine Dorries = Mother of god, she still doesn't understand the EU
(CL) Liam Fox = Guy who guaranteed there'd be deals lined up after brexit has said something along the lines of "brexit won't be the fucking apocalypse"
(CR) Jeremy Hunt = Foreign secretary insulted a foreign state
(CL) Boris Johnson = He's lied again
(CL) Stephen Barclay = Click to find out he's brexit secretary, then to realise he really fucking shouldn't be
(CR) Sajid Javid = Uh oh immigrants, click to see some racism
(CR) Philip Hammond = Economy is fucked but he's pretending it's not
(LR) Kier Starmer = labour might back a referendum
(LR) Barry Gardiner = ignore Kier, labour won’t back a referendum
(LL) Jeremy Corbyn = my preference is for a general election
(CR) Liz Truss = something about cheese
(CL) Jacob Rees Mogg = millionaire says if the poor don’t die during no deal they’ll be better off in a hundred years
(UL) Nigel Farage = he’s done a racism
(UL) Gerard Batten = see nigel Farage, but more explicit racism
Backstop = May says she’ll renegotiate the backstop
Backstop = the Eu have said they won’t renegotiate the backstop
Plan B = it’s plan fucking A again

Party affiliation in brackets: (C)onservative (L)abour (U)KIP
Modifier - R = remainer, L = leaver - e.g. CL = Con Leaver

Yes, most of the Government backed Remain
New Jeez.. quite better concision than, Linux "ls help" == cubic-closest packing: just to preen.
New Le take Continentale: Plan B == Plan Big Ben
i.e. drag anchor until time runs out and hope Parliament feels forced to approve plan A
New Parliament seems more interested in taking the decision away from May.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Dutch executive summary
via https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-47056349

The MPs are unable to agree about much and were making more noise than the proponents and opponents of Brexit who were protesting outside. The Scots do not want a Brexit at all, Labour wants to keep one leg in the EU, the Brexiteers want to go into battle against the EU like Don Quixote, and the Northern Irish unionists want to drag as much money out of London as possible.
New well the last sentence applies to any action by the brit govt not just brexit
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
     Brexit meaningful vote 202 Yes 432 No. - (mmoffitt) - (12)
         So much for renegotiating. - (malraux) - (3)
             Very unlikely - (scoenye) - (2)
                 To be fair Farage and Johnson spoke about the Irish border at length during the referendum campaign. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                     I got to visit Belfast last July on my British Isles cruise. - (a6l6e6x)
         Well, Putin is happy! - (a6l6e6x)
         May survives 325 to 306. -NT - (mmoffitt)
         (stolen) Summary of yesterday's events - (pwhysall) - (5)
             Jeez.. quite better concision than, Linux "ls help" == cubic-closest packing: just to preen. -NT - (Ashton) - (2)
                 Le take Continentale: Plan B == Plan Big Ben - (scoenye) - (1)
                     Parliament seems more interested in taking the decision away from May. -NT - (malraux)
             Dutch executive summary - (scoenye) - (1)
                 well the last sentence applies to any action by the brit govt not just brexit -NT - (boxley)

The early Romans had more gods than I have had watery stools.
102 ms