IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Very unlikely
The primary sticking point is the Irish border. No way that gets renegotiated before Monday (unless the plan is "relinquish Northern Ireland". Then things would get even more interesting...).
New To be fair Farage and Johnson spoke about the Irish border at length during the referendum campaign.
I kid, I kid. ;0(
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New I got to visit Belfast last July on my British Isles cruise.
Even though "the troubles" in NI are quiet there at the moment, you can sense that it is a powder keg just below the surface. It would not take much for someone to adapt a fuse. There's probably a team in St. Petersburg (the one in Russia) working on it.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
     Brexit meaningful vote 202 Yes 432 No. - (mmoffitt) - (12)
         So much for renegotiating. - (malraux) - (3)
             Very unlikely - (scoenye) - (2)
                 To be fair Farage and Johnson spoke about the Irish border at length during the referendum campaign. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                     I got to visit Belfast last July on my British Isles cruise. - (a6l6e6x)
         Well, Putin is happy! - (a6l6e6x)
         May survives 325 to 306. -NT - (mmoffitt)
         (stolen) Summary of yesterday's events - (pwhysall) - (5)
             Jeez.. quite better concision than, Linux "ls help" == cubic-closest packing: just to preen. -NT - (Ashton) - (2)
                 Le take Continentale: Plan B == Plan Big Ben - (scoenye) - (1)
                     Parliament seems more interested in taking the decision away from May. -NT - (malraux)
             Dutch executive summary - (scoenye) - (1)
                 well the last sentence applies to any action by the brit govt not just brexit -NT - (boxley)

I say, I say now Reason! Won't you put your blue jeans on?
47 ms