IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Expensive wars! That's for sure.
But, the military industrial complex, once mentioned by President Eienhower relies on it and they own Congress. They must have found a way to buy tRump as well. He talks about military equipment sales as the most important factor in international relations.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New More expensive than some may realize
“Undocumented bases are immune to oversight by the public and often even Congress,”

http://www.tomdispatch.com/post/176513/tomgram:_nick_turse,_one_down,_who_knows_how_many_to_go/
New There must be a "need to know" basis for knowing about those bases.
And as long as the funding is in place, there is no need to know.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Irony!? .. in a country whose very definition (for many, their raison d'etre) is MONEY.
Belatedy..

Yes, it is cognitive dissonance but that is supposed to be rare not S.O.P. Beyond that, words. fail.
For those who have virtually no understanding of a difference 'twixt data and opinion (never mind a knowledge of just how to debate nor how Science demands that) ... ditto.

None of us has any experience in limning a pre-Enlightenment environment, so most Shall make the usual homo-sap errors re Scale & Relativity, ergo Zero social intercourse. Deaf/Dumb
--surely one definition of Hell.
New Indeed.
President Clown Face Tiny Hands is such a disaster and freak show that the unbelievable suffering of the people of Yemen is evading notice in the U.S. almost entirely despite our disgustingly dirty hands in that war.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New That suffering -vs- the Meeja's failure to post regular Climate reports..
The Yemen indifference pales -vs- the STILL rarity of any daily meeja discussion of the latter (save on PBS, say; Democracy Now, n-websites). Way beyond the Scale "of just desserts"? for any nation gestated from Slavery-is-OK.

And ∑ dis-US media--for all the juicy idiot-bytes of the orange Menace--still working just for $$eye-balls compounds the determined ignorance within our 320 M locals.
Catch 22 redux amidst this daily premeditated chaos-as-buffer: the Method to much of the Menace's Madness, a plot which would never fly in fiction: but it IS what we've got.

I hope that someone has a road map out of this quicksand because I sure don't.
(All I get from my GPS is: The only way to win this game is not to play ©)
Carrion ..the national stench grows exponentially as collectively and daily we shrink-from any semblance of Consciousness.

Apropos re the overall disinfo methodology: PBS's flic,
FRONTLINE
War on the EPA

The history of this plank perfusing Orange-Lie methodology.
Expand Edited by Ashton Jan. 11, 2019, 12:43:26 AM EST
Expand Edited by Ashton Jan. 11, 2019, 01:03:13 AM EST
     Not much going on in this forum - (dmcarls) - (6)
         Expensive wars! That's for sure. - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
             More expensive than some may realize - (dmcarls) - (1)
                 There must be a "need to know" basis for knowing about those bases. - (a6l6e6x)
         Irony!? .. in a country whose very definition (for many, their raison d'etre) is MONEY. - (Ashton)
         Indeed. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
             That suffering -vs- the Meeja's failure to post regular Climate reports.. - (Ashton)

Did you hear the one about the priest, the rabbi, and the gloat?
99 ms