IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I had a Gilbert chemistry set as well.
Took a long time to save up the money as my parents had no idea what it was or why one would want one.

I went to a technical high school and had 3 years of Chemistry. One of the courses was qualitative chemistry. Near the end of the course, in the lab part of it, everyone was given a different powder to identify. I was given Potassium Permanganate and identified by sight! Had to run through analysis drill, but that was just for corroboration.

Potassium Permanganate had been in my chemistry kit and is a dark purple crystal. Getting a white powder to identify would have been a different story.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
Collapse Edited by a6l6e6x Oct. 2, 2018, 05:59:56 PM EDT
I had Gilbert a chemistry set as well.
Took a long time to save up the money as my parents had no idea what it was or why one would want one.

I went to a technical high school and had 3 years of Chemistry. One of the courses was qualitative chemistry. Near the end of the course, in the lab part of it, everyone was given a different powder to identify. I was given Potassium Permanganate and identified by sight! Had to run through analysis drill, but that was just for corroboration.

Potassium Permanganate had been in my chemistry kit and is a dark purple crystal. Getting a white powder to identify would have been a different story.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
     PBS has a new series, “Hidden Killers” - (Ashton) - (8)
         What we didn't know "back then". - (static) - (1)
             I vaguely remember having a chemistry set - (drook)
         I had a chemestry set . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
             I did the research, bought the sulphur and saltpeter from the drug store -NT - (crazy) - (1)
                 There was an interesting BBC series about that. - (static)
         I had one of those. - (malraux) - (1)
             Holy excreta! - (Ashton)
         I had a Gilbert chemistry set as well. - (a6l6e6x)

It would be good if people could help with the swift opening of bags that are wiggling and/or noisy.
69 ms