IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 2 active users | 2 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New And the beat [down] goes on ...
Trump had earlier caused outrage in Britain by retweeting three videos posted by Jayda Fransen, the deputy leader of the far-right UK party Britain First. The inflammatory videos showed people purported to be Muslims carrying out assaults and, in one video, smashing a statue of the Virgin Mary.

Downing Street condemned Trump, staying [SIC] he was "wrong" to share videos by a group that "seeks to divide communities through their use of hateful narratives which peddle lies and stoke tensions." ... After Trump's attack on May, there was intense pressure on the British government to cancel the US President's planned state visit to the UK.

Mayor of London Sadiq Khan said Trump's latest outburst meant it had become "increasingly clear that any official visit at all from President Trump to Britain would not be welcomed" and called on May to call it off.

"President Trump yesterday used Twitter to promote a vile, extremist group that exists solely to sow division and hatred in our country," Khan said in a statement on Thursday.

"Many Brits who love America and Americans will see this as a betrayal of the special relationship between our two countries. It beggars belief that the President of our closest ally doesn't see that his support of this extremist group actively undermines the values of tolerance and diversity that makes Britain so great." ... Before Trump's riposte, another British cabinet minister, Sajid Javid, who is Muslim, took a stronger line. "So POTUS has endorsed the views of a vile, hate-filled racist organisation that hates me and people like me," he said in a Twitter post. "He is wrong and I refuse to let it go and say nothing."

The leader of the opposition Labour Party, Jeremy Corbyn, called the retweets "abhorrent, dangerous and a threat to our society."

Trump faced a barrage of criticism in the UK Parliament on Thursday that was unprecedented for a US President. MPs variously called him "racist," "fascist" and "evil." Labour MP Paul Flynn said Trump should be charged with inciting racial hatred if he enters the UK.

Earlier, Brendan Cox, the husband of murdered British lawmaker Jo Cox -- whose killer reportedly shouted "Britain first" as he stabbed her -- said Trump had "become a purveyor of hate." He told CNN's Anderson Cooper: "This is like the President retweeting the Ku Klux Klan. ..."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/30/europe/donald-trump-theresa-may-twitter-spat/index.html

I'm glad I went to Britain last September. As hard as it was to face them and own up to being an American then, it would be virtually impossible for me to do so now.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New Best of all, the videos are FAKE NEWS!
- One is two Dutch boys fighting.
- One is a murder in Egypt where the perpetrator was tried in court and executed.
- And the third is Muslim on Muslim violence in Syria.
New Somehow I knew that would be the case
--

Drew
New Can't be! It wasn't on CNN/NBC/ABC/CBS/NY TIMES/WASHINGTON POST! </sarcasm>
bcnu,
Mikem

New Amen!
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Breakdown of how the Dutch attacker became a muslim migrant
https://www.buzzfeed.com/talalansari/trump-rts-anti-muslim-video

(Slight error below the "De Telegraaf" piece. Buzzfeed mixed up the location of the attack and the hometown of the attacker.)
New Interesting. WRT how "information" is gathered and disseminated, we're doomed.
bcnu,
Mikem

New Nice whataboutism
"If only the left was as outraged over the violent oppression of gays and Christians in the Middle East as they are over who Trump retweets."

OK, so ... couple things.

1) People have the capacity to be outraged over lots of things all at the same time.

2) "The left" isn't one thing.

3) Someone else being wrong - which they're not - wouldn't make you right.

4) I thought the right* wanted us to focus on local issues and leave other countries to take care of their own problems.

* See what I did there?
--

Drew
New And on top of those
It doesn't even hold water beyond the right wingnuts:

Why would "the left" be concerned about Christians more than any other segment of the persecuted given that same religions is the driving force behind the nuttery at home, and;

why single out Islam as a good bit of violent oppression of gays happens in Christian nations? Putin's stomping ground being one.
New Think about the phrase "gays and Christians"
Are those two groups that you typically find aligned on issues? Putting them together that way is a transparent attempt to manufacture a position everyone can agree on. Or at least no one can disagree on without angering part of their base.
--

Drew
New tell em you are canadian and learn to say the word out funny
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
     And the beat [down] goes on ... - (mmoffitt) - (10)
         Best of all, the videos are FAKE NEWS! - (pwhysall) - (8)
             Somehow I knew that would be the case -NT - (drook)
             Can't be! It wasn't on CNN/NBC/ABC/CBS/NY TIMES/WASHINGTON POST! </sarcasm> -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                 Amen! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
             Breakdown of how the Dutch attacker became a muslim migrant - (scoenye) - (4)
                 Interesting. WRT how "information" is gathered and disseminated, we're doomed. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                 Nice whataboutism - (drook) - (2)
                     And on top of those - (scoenye) - (1)
                         Think about the phrase "gays and Christians" - (drook)
         tell em you are canadian and learn to say the word out funny -NT - (boxley)

Would you like some Chocolate Foam with that Mercedes, sir?
103 ms