IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Here's What Happened Among Republicans a Few Hours After Jeff Flake's Speech
Charley Pierce.

You would have thought that Senator Jeff Flake would have basked a little longer in the applause he got for scarpering out of the Senate before he got around to the business of emptying his words of any significant meaning they ever had. Instead, Flake—along with fellow brave truth-tellers Bob Corker, Ben Sasse and, significantly, John McCain—joined with every other Republican (including Mike Pence, The Great Tiebreaker) to arrange for the screwing of countless Americans and their families.

..And So.. it FUCKING--> Goes.. with dens of weasels possessed of neither integrity nor (any capability whatsoever, of: shame).

We ARE the bloody Ferenghi-out-of-->The Eloi of "Time Machine" infamy, thus becoming:
perhaps the Final Scourge of all mammalian Life on this over-Populated, trashed [and maybe Pissed-Off, however That works]
ONLY domicile of which we have any knowledge.

Only Boobus Muricanus could thrive within today's diet of pure-mental-shit as the only dish served up by the Executive shit-Chefs.

To Do List:
Passport.. Passport.. Passport.. Passport..
New "But banking lobbyists argued that the rule would unleash a flood of class-action lawsuits..."
And why, pray tell, would that be? Couldn't be that there's been a "flood of unethical, fraudulent activity" perpetrated by the vaunted residents of the pissy little island between the Hudson and East Rivers, could it? I mean, I MEAN, the unmitigated gall of these bastards and their stooges in the Senate: "You can't do this to us BECAUSE we're so damned guilty!"
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New the Horror is the fact that the Corruption is involuted, thus
when you apply [n!] re Lie#1, Lie#2 ... Lie (n+1)
So Soon ya gets so far from Lie#1 that the hippocampus rebels: Clearly the Bannon-formula for scatter-shots-per-minute, daily.

Goebbels would be so Proud of his AI-enabled Successors here in Weimar II, The Dethpicabelth.
New The attack is on Trump's character, not his agenda.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Bingo.
New his character doesnt matter, his agenda is whats important. Or so I was told repeatedly
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New "People are policy." Both matter because character guides policy. HTH.
New obviously you disagree with Patricia Ireland then
New Linky, please.
There's too much unsaid in this thread.

There's no contradiction between pointing out that a couple of GOP senators decrying Trump's tone isn't good enough - since they vote to stuff that Trump wants 90+% of the time - and being among a group of people that decry's Trump's tone - while also decrying his policies.

Monsters appoint monsters, and appointed monsters create and implement monstrous policies. One can decry monsters and also decry monstrous policies. But decrying monsters because they're saying things out loud that one agrees with but doesn't want to say out loud (c.f. Atwater) and then voting for their policies isn't going to get kudos from me.

Some people think that Flake and Corker and McCain and W should be applauded for their speeches. That's fine. I don't - not yet.

Deeds are needed now.

HTH.

Cheers,
Scott.
New on your points in this post of yours I mostly agree
"People are policy." Both matter because character guides policy. HTH
Is not the story whe Bill Clinton was president. Many people like Patricia Ireland took the position that his character didnt matter, because his policies were what they agreed with.
New I'm sorry that Bill killed your dog and insulted your mother.
Bothsiderism isn't persuasive.

And Bill hasn't been President for nearly 17 years now...

:-/

Cheers,
Scott.
New sorry it took 17 years to decide character is important also, you will figure it out eventually :-)
New Logic Error 666: all-inclusive pettifogging
;^>
New By whom?
I'm pretty sure most everyone here was saying that his character is shit *and* that his policies - to the extent that he actually articulated any - were also shit.
--

Drew
Expand Edited by drook Oct. 27, 2017, 10:42:45 AM EDT
New No, we're not. His policies were.
Edit: I meant "his policies WERE also shit", no apostrophe.
Expand Edited by CRConrad Oct. 27, 2017, 08:33:27 AM EDT
New Pretty sure I was talking about Trump
--

Drew
New I think CRC is saying we're not all in the same Box, so to speak. >;-p
New Boo. Hiss.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New Box-ing is now an intramural sport ..next to arm-rasslin?
New I have no idea what your talking about
--

Drew
New Here it is in a picture.
Charlotte Observer: Kevin Sears: "GOP, We are family!"

Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New [in Colbert's mincing send-up voice, natch]:
"We'll be looking into a Mr. Siers' associations with the Fake Media.."

Otherwise:
E l e g a n t

er,
😈
     Here's What Happened Among Republicans a Few Hours After Jeff Flake's Speech - (Ashton) - (21)
         "But banking lobbyists argued that the rule would unleash a flood of class-action lawsuits..." - (mmoffitt) - (1)
             the Horror is the fact that the Corruption is involuted, thus - (Ashton)
         The attack is on Trump's character, not his agenda. -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (18)
             Bingo. -NT - (Another Scott)
             his character doesnt matter, his agenda is whats important. Or so I was told repeatedly -NT - (boxley) - (14)
                 "People are policy." Both matter because character guides policy. HTH. -NT - (Another Scott) - (6)
                     obviously you disagree with Patricia Ireland then -NT - (boxley) - (5)
                         Linky, please. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                             on your points in this post of yours I mostly agree - (boxley) - (3)
                                 I'm sorry that Bill killed your dog and insulted your mother. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                     sorry it took 17 years to decide character is important also, you will figure it out eventually :-) -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                         Logic Error 666: all-inclusive pettifogging -NT - (Ashton)
                 By whom? - (drook) - (6)
                     No, we're not. His policies were. -NT - (CRConrad) - (5)
                         Pretty sure I was talking about Trump -NT - (drook) - (3)
                             I think CRC is saying we're not all in the same Box, so to speak. >;-p -NT - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                 Boo. Hiss. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                 Box-ing is now an intramural sport ..next to arm-rasslin? -NT - (Ashton)
                         I have no idea what your talking about -NT - (drook)
             Here it is in a picture. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                 [in Colbert's mincing send-up voice, natch]: - (Ashton)

Ben "I make grown men want to slit their wrists" Tilly.
94 ms