IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Trump's first trade loss.
Mexico and the U.S. have fought for years over tuna. The U.S. insists that any Mexican tuna sold in the U.S. must be "dolphin safe," meaning dolphins weren't killed by tuna fisherman, which was once common. Mexico says its fisherman play by the rules. The U.S. government disagrees.

On Tuesday, the World Trade Organization ruled in Mexico's favor, allowing it to impose trade sanctions worth $163 million a year against the U.S. The WTO says that's how much money Mexico has lost from the U.S. unfairly penalizing Mexican tuna.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/04/25/news/economy/mexico-us-wto-tuna/index.html

I wonder where that $163 million is going to come from? Taxpayers?
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New price of tequila will go up
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New You got it backwards
Allowing Mexico to impose sanctions​ means they can add a tax on imports to Mexico, which means their own people will pay it while simultaneously creating a price advantage for locally produced competitive products.
New Just wondering ...
Trump and his supporters love to talk about how "getting tough" with our international rivals - and partners for that matter - will teach them a lesson. Is it possible the lesson they're learning is that there's more of them than there are of him, and if they stand together against the bully they win? Is it coincidence that we've been fighting with Mexico over this for years, but now that Trump is in charge the WTO finally decides to rule on it?
--

Drew
New My take (on the psych of his so-evident psyche?)
is that:
Damn near Anyone! operating with a near-full deck/in any Language/in any Locale, and necessarily possessing experience of their own Greedy Mofos™ [this sociopathy Is after all, species-wide]
... these all recognize the fact that: once you have *pegged such a one, you fucking-Know: never allow such a One one to come anywhere near your own Health, Wealth or Sanity.

* and, your being prudent and Not a sociopath, such "pegging" must be attached wisely, not by mere random gossip and like that.
Otherwise: logic, Truthiness in her pretty-blue dress Fails. As with some plurality of the current dis-US Congress. AND with a %sufficient of the 'populace'.

tl;dr
Look, I am become Death! a Vulture Capitalist, the Destroyer of Societies.
Rest case; it seems that we are, indeed Fucked until sanity decides to return (unless it has Migrated permanently?)
     Trump's first trade loss. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
         price of tequila will go up -NT - (boxley) - (1)
             You got it backwards - (crazy)
         Just wondering ... - (drook) - (1)
             My take (on the psych of his so-evident psyche?) - (Ashton)

LI_
41 ms