IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Man, Donald Trump really does hate America
Well, the bits of it that aren't a wall and the military, that is.

What kind of monumental shitbag zeroes out Meals on Wheels?

It makes the common-or-garden cuntery embarked upon by the Conservatives over here look really quite tame.
New :Your conservatives are to the left of our liberals.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New 3%
http://www.snopes.com/trump-meals-on-wheels/

He's bad enough without exaggerating.
New Yeah, but ...
Eliminates funding for the Community Development Block Grant program, a savings of $3 billion from the 2017 annualized CR level. The Federal Government has spent over $150 billion on this block grant since its inception in 1974, but the program is not well-targeted to the poorest populations and has not demonstrated results.

If they have to quote expenditures since the program started FOURTY-FUCKING-THREE YEARS AGO to make it sound like it's worth cutting, it's a mote in the eye.

Then there's the impact to the (former) recipient orgs of having to do extra fundraising to make up the shortfall. Those activities cost, which is a bit of a multiplier. And with pretty much every federally funded program for the poor under the ax, they're all going to be chasing the same donors.

Oh, and it's "not well-targeted to the poorest populations" is of course solved by eliminating it entirely.

Bastard.
--

Drew
New He makes a good point. We did that with the Soviets all too often.
Without doubt, the worst course I ever had in my collegiate career was in Econ. It was during Reagan's Reign of Error and the prof I had was a "better dead than red" fan. One day he said, "Everyone knows the Soviets have free health care for everyone. But from my reading and understanding, once you reach a certain age in the Soviet Union, they cut you off. You can't get medical care of any kind." I immediately raised my hand and asked, "Where did you read that? The John Birch Society Press? Have you ever been to the Soviet Union? Do you personally know any Soviet Citizens?"

Wasn't received well and a tense back and forth followed. I ended the spat with words that echo yours. I said, "Look, there's plenty enough to criticize the Bolsheviks about without resorting to making things up. You discredit yourself as a reliable source of information when you make such comments."
bcnu,
Mikem

New But, everytime he goes to Mar-A-Lago it costs us $3M.
Living in government subsidized housing in DC is not enough? :)
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New next time order a cheaper whore :-)
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New And don't forget about Trump Tower in NY!
bcnu,
Mikem

Man, Donald Trump really does hate America - (pwhysall) - (7)
         :Your conservatives are to the left of our liberals. -NT - (mmoffitt)
         3% - (crazy) - (5)
             Yeah, but ... - (drook) - (1)
                 He makes a good point. We did that with the Soviets all too often. - (mmoffitt)
             But, everytime he goes to Mar-A-Lago it costs us $3M. - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                 next time order a cheaper whore :-) -NT - (boxley)
                 And don't forget about Trump Tower in NY! -NT - (mmoffitt)

Last night my friend asked to use a USB port to charge his cigarette, but I was using it to charge my book. The future is stupid.
86 ms