IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New If your port list is out of date, they must have moved something
Can you just move the device from port to port til you find the one that works?
--

Drew
New Even if I knew how to make the software send . . .
. . with 48 possible ports that would take a long time, and if there was actually a problem with the software, it would be inconclusive.

No, I need the software vendor to tell me what port they are sending to, and to trgger a send - or we may need to move it to a different port, which only they can do.

I do local hardware support for a couple of LIS (Laboratory Information System) vendors. They have been entirely uninterested in me knowing anything about the software, and I'm happy with that.

The client is just going to have to pony up for a year's support.
New Symlink them
New My relationship with the software companies I work with . . .
. . has bounds I have no interest in stepping beyond. I work coordinating with them and keep my hands off their stuff. It is up to them to tell me what port to use, up to me to make the hardware work as they need.

I'm especially not going to step out of bounds for a client who is chronically bad pay. If the client wants this fixed, she's going to have to come to terms with the software publisher.

The software people have expressed willingness to work with me on this issue, but they deserve to be paid for their efforts.

By extortion is the only way this client pays.
New Sigh
Get cash to walk through the door. Get a check check in advance to be cashed on successful resolution. Is the system owned by the end user? Is the software legal?
New An admirable position.
And clearly it works for you. Especially for known bad payers. :-)

I can imagine someone is having a shouting match with their accountant.

Wade.
     Computer History Nostalgia. - (static) - (18)
         I still deal with a lot of that stuff. - (Andrew Grygus) - (11)
             Damn! - (Andrew Grygus) - (10)
                 :-) LRPD: "Fun is fun to have." -NT - (malraux)
                 Just Lovely - (Andrew Grygus) - (8)
                     you have a copy of littlebiglan around? - (boxley) - (7)
                         I suspect it isn't that complicated. - (Andrew Grygus) - (6)
                             If your port list is out of date, they must have moved something - (drook) - (5)
                                 Even if I knew how to make the software send . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
                                     Symlink them -NT - (crazy) - (3)
                                         My relationship with the software companies I work with . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                                             Sigh - (crazy)
                                             An admirable position. - (static)
         I used to deal with that stuff, thankfully no more. - (malraux) - (3)
             My favourite RS-232 stories. - (static) - (2)
                 And then there was the guy . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                     You knew him too?? - (hnick)
         God, that makes me feel old! :) - (a6l6e6x)
         Octal and early processors. - (static)

Well, yes, because everyone knows that having an Italian travertine fireplace in just one color is gauche.
127 ms