IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I hate to admit it, but he has a point.
TEHRAN, Iran - Iranian President Hassan Rouhani on Sunday criticized the U.S. presidential candidates’ behavior during their recent 2016 debates.

“Did you see the debate and the way of their speaking, accusing and mocking each other? Do we want such a democracy in our country? Do we want such elections in our country?” Rouhani said, speaking to a crowd in the Iranian city of Arak.

“You see the United States that claims it has had democracy for more than 200 years,” he said in comments broadcast live by state TV. “Look at the country, what the situation is where morality has no place.”

Rouhani said that during his September visit to the UN General Assembly, he was asked which of the candidates he preferred. “I said what? Should I prefer bad to worse or worse to bad?”

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/iranian-president-hassan-rouhani-slams-clinton-trump-debate-performances/
bcnu,
Mikem

I think religion should be treated with ridicule, hatred and contempt. And I claim that right.
Christopher Hitchens
New I'm sure everything's sweetness and light in discussions between the Clerics, Guardians, etc., etc.
New People living in glass houses...
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Since he asked...
When the choices on offer are "bad" and "worse," I have found that "worse" usually yields worse results. If I'm going to visit an exotic foreign land with L. Ron Hubbard or Jim Jones, I'll opt for the Scientology tour.

Certainly Rouhani has a point about the debased state of civic discourse and debate in this country.

From a story in the NYT today:
The president said they had flirted for years with a strain of bare-knuckled partisanship that appealed to people who sought to delegitimize him by falsely asserting that he was born outside the United States and was plotting to take Americans’ guns and impose martial law.

Now, he said, they should be held to account for the consequences.

“They just stood by and said nothing, and their base actually began to believe this crazy stuff,” Mr. Obama said. “Donald Trump didn’t start this. He just did what he always does, which is slap his name on it, take credit for it and promote it.”
I particularly savored that last line.

cordially,
New I agree on that line ... got a link?
--

Drew
Expand Edited by drook Oct. 24, 2016, 01:56:57 PM EDT
New Obama. Master of paradoxical brilliance in ripostes..
ie Concision.. is his long-suit.. How do ya Do that!?
New he is concise, rather useless but very concise
always look out for number one and don't step in number two
New whereas you...
New Yeah, freedom to speek yor braynz is overrated!
tl;dr: no, you probably don't want such a democracy in your country, Hassan, because how are you supposed to hang gays from cranes and persecute religious minorities in a representative democracy?

Also, he sounds a bit stupid. Yes, you utter cockgobbling idiot, of course you prefer "bad" to "worse". That's what "worse" means.

I want Iran to get a proper normal modern government so that I can go on holiday there (the countryside north of Tehran is nothing short of stunning) but on the evidence thus far presented, it doesn't look likely in my lifetime.
     I hate to admit it, but he has a point. - (mmoffitt) - (8)
         I'm sure everything's sweetness and light in discussions between the Clerics, Guardians, etc., etc. -NT - (Another Scott)
         People living in glass houses... -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         Since he asked... - (rcareaga) - (4)
             I agree on that line ... got a link? - (drook)
             Obama. Master of paradoxical brilliance in ripostes.. - (Ashton) - (2)
                 he is concise, rather useless but very concise -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                     whereas you... -NT - (rcareaga)
         Yeah, freedom to speek yor braynz is overrated! - (pwhysall)

Better graphics than the Amiga!
54 ms