IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New On the book of Kells
I was in Dublin in 2005.

They wanted €7.50 to walk past it. Each.

For €15, I want to read the bloody thing aloud to my companion, drawing a greasy finger along each line of undoubtedly beautiful calligraphy.

I note from Trinity College's website that they are currently rinsing people to the tune of €11 per head (€14 for the "fast track") for the privilege of walking past this illustrious tome.
New Meh. People gotta make a living.
It's 15 Euros to walk past the Mona Lisa and see the rest of the Louvre.

It's usually a once-in-a-lifetime thing. It's not that much, and it encourages the keepers to take care of it and make it available (to some extent) to the public.

Cheers,
Scott.
     are the gay folk so freaking evil? - (boxley) - (24)
         :-( Handgun, AR-15, maybe some sort of "device". It's too easy for dangerous people to get... -NT - (Another Scott) - (4)
             some sort of "device". It's too easy for dangerous people to get...ooh a some sort easy to get - (boxley) - (1)
                 better idea lockup people who express anti gay sentiments for ever, that makes as much sense -NT - (boxley)
             sorry nother having a bad day, shouldnt take it out on you. Gonna sign off for a few days -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                 Don't let our talking get to you. Hang in there. -NT - (Another Scott)
         culture clash - (rcareaga) - (18)
             At least he was honest. - (mmoffitt) - (16)
                 I yield to few men in my disdain - (rcareaga) - (15)
                     On the book of Kells - (pwhysall) - (1)
                         Meh. People gotta make a living. - (Another Scott)
                     Religion remains the opiate of the People. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                     The Pietà. also too. - (Another Scott) - (11)
                         Question: How many millions of lives is that art worth? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (10)
                             You're changing the question. - (Another Scott) - (9)
                                 Is this more acceptable? - (mmoffitt) - (8)
                                     No. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                         You sound like Madeleine Albright. "We think the price is worth it." -NT - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                             I guess you didn't notice I threw you some bones in that. Oh well... ;-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                                             How's this, then? - (rcareaga)
                                     Research suggests that there would be no society without it - (malraux)
                                     This argument reminds of this - (crazy) - (2)
                                         Splitter! -NT - (rcareaga)
                                         :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
             Translation: - (Andrew Grygus)

The haddock hits me with a sucker punch. I catch him with a left hook. He eels over. It was a fluke, but there he was, lying on the deck... flat as a mackerel. Kelpless.
48 ms