It's about selfishness (about free time). Those of my ken who have a tad of curiosity about how stuff works, have already been urged in the Righteous direction - in the best traditions of [Do as I Say not as I do yet] :-\ufffd

Once I have a stable Lx with the major aps covered, and all that lengthy configuring.. and someone calls next with a major Doze screwup.. I Know that I'll have less and less excuse for Not suggesting: instead of RRR --> why not RLR? Hmmm?

But then :( as, 'teaching [this group] to fish' is not a likely option, well ... you can see where That leads. For many weeks.

Add the above to my general slothfulness about Most techno- detail *$%&^$ of late = and call that, inertia. But time IS running out, since XP is no possible option for me or any 'dependents'.

Star O just didn't cut it: a monolith alien to 'modularized' y'know?
Biig Problem re practicality: no Office Suite that wasn't a bit flaky. Now the new OO appears good-Enough for anyone I'd consider occasionally supporting. [/excuses from That arena]

T'was the last straw I was awaiting (as the GUIs, hdwre-detect and installs got snazzier just in the last year) And yeah: I saw some of Peter's screen shots :-)

Poco a poco.. machine hunting.
Ashton

Hey - I did play with RH 4.2! but it was a primitive experience and on a 486 - then.