IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Oh, that time.
When it was all racism and misogyny and shit? When if you were white, English-speaking and male you were OK but if not, you were fucked?

That golden time?

What the fuck was golden about it?
New Our mistake. We should've let the Nazis have Europe and the UK.
New wat
You don't have an answer.

OK.

Is this how you debate in real life?

"Mike, what would you like America to be like?"

"LIKE IT WAS WHEN WE WERE WINNING THE WAR! BOO YA! YEW ESS AYE!"

"Um, yeah. But what about how you would like it to be now, in 2016, not 70 years ago?"

"SHOULD HAVE LET THE NAZIS WIN!"

Honestly, it's like debating with a 9-year-old.
New That's not question I answered.
I had to re-read what you'd posted and what I'd subsequently written.

Your response was (apparently) to my tongue-in-cheek statement, "We once showed much promise as a nation." Your subject line read, "You did? When?"

That's what my subsequent posts were about. We showed promise when we came to fight the Nazis. Japan had attacked us, we *could* have fought the war in the Pacific first, but we didn't. We came to *your* aid first, you ungrateful prat. Were we perfect then? Nope, never claimed that. Did we do the right thing then? Yep. Showed promise. We also showed promise when (before that war) we gave women the right to vote. After the war, we showed promised with the Civil Rights Act, the Voting Rights Act, the Union movement, the creation of the EPA, Clean Water Act (yeah, I know who is responsible for those) and so on.

But, you did ask me, "To which former golden age of promise do you wish to return?" and my answer is "None." Going backward is not progress. It is, however, what we've been doing since 1980. While there was no "golden age" there was a protracted period of time (spanning from the abolition of slavery through at least the time when President Jimmy Carter got the Camp David Peace Accords completed and put solar panels on the White House roof) when we were getting better as a nation.

I want us to get back to the process of improvement, of making a more just society. The Reagan Revolution derailed that. I want us to get back on the tracks.
New Am usually surprised when..
anyone of the IGM ever {seriously} bemoans the absence of the http://yceran.org/stuff/files/warning.png ... maybe it's my own confirmation-bias, but
The Subtle appears to be welcome, to be recognized and ... none of the Troops needs a satire/sarcasm/lampoon or other Send-up: WARNING! as none here leads that sheltered a liff.

..I thought.
Ain't weunses still got Cuth?
New ford would have been ok with that but lanskey, seigel would not
always look out for number one and don't step in number two
     And ... I'm out. - (mmoffitt) - (25)
         Re: And ... I'm out. - (Another Scott) - (9)
             Right! Keep electing the same corporate backed shills and we'll get a different outcome! Brilliant! -NT - (mmoffitt) - (8)
                 We're not electing a king. Whoever wins has to compromise... - (Another Scott) - (7)
                     s/work/pay/ HTH. - (mmoffitt) - (6)
                         The point stands, I think. - (Another Scott) - (5)
                             Maybe get a source other than the Clinton Campaign. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                 We'll see. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                     the bern takes 78% of 18-34 yo hillary has a lock on the ovr 50 crowd, depends who shows up -NT - (boxley)
                                     If they think she's the best candidate, they need (at least) psychotherapy. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                         Where you stand depends on where you sit. - (Another Scott)
         Careful with your demographics there. - (malraux) - (1)
             Also, coin tosses: - (malraux)
         nope, iowan democrats are not your regular bucket of fish, they vote conservative - (boxley) - (11)
             That's what worries me the most. - (mmoffitt) - (10)
                 You did? When? - (pwhysall) - (9)
                     Maybe that one time? You know, when we were saving your sorry asses from the Germans? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (8)
                         you mean when we bailed out the euro? -NT - (boxley)
                         Oh, that time. - (pwhysall) - (6)
                             Our mistake. We should've let the Nazis have Europe and the UK. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                                 wat - (pwhysall) - (3)
                                     That's not question I answered. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                         I done got Poed - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                             Am usually surprised when.. - (Ashton)
                                 ford would have been ok with that but lanskey, seigel would not -NT - (boxley)
         Winning Iowa means nothing! - (a6l6e6x)

The state motto is "E pluribus pluribus" ...
55 ms