IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New LRPD: "Lord Vetinari won't stop at sarcasm. He might use" -- Colon swallowed -- "irony."
Am only a tad regretful that I paid so little attention—amidst those seminal undertows of naked political hard-ons—in those days.

I settled for ~”the game IS rigged”, in lieu of the hard slog to find a literate riposte to the standard troglodytes. There were more delicious matters to attend. But I well recall that McGovern was indeed [“..a better man and a better candidate than these Republican ‘irregulars’”] and my S.O. + a friend had met McGovern and pronounced him, credible/copacetic (and W.T.F. Happened there!?)

Glad that Longman did not elide that qualifier in some final edit. (Likely too IMO, McG may well have been too bright to get past the egghead shibboleth adopted by that huge tribe of mouth-breathers who come up with the likes of a Quayle, not to mention Wasilliana fauna.)

J. Martindale (way down the replies) demurs
The failure of this essay to attribute the rabid, fascistic element of current Republican politics to the racism generated by two terms of of a Black President also makes me wonder if the equations of the ’70s to today are valid. But what you say is definitely worth thinking about, and you have given us a lot to consider. Thanks.
I think he has a point.

Great Hastur! (and Cthulhu as goes without..) Eleven MONTHS more of malevolent hate-speech masquerading as ‘political dialogue’, with ‘Econ’-by-Rush and [re-animated] Dead-End Kids from the ’40s
..polishing the rhetoric. And shall we, INDEED need to have a fresh copy of Götterdammerung? (an analog LP for real Class)
Because when it comes to Rings, I wot that on election night (--or week? for the recounts) Ring of the Nibelungs er, trumps.. that recent tale with Mordor and such.
[Cue up: Cheney-as-Smeagol, My Precious then, as encore.]
New The Piranha Brothers
Reminds me of the single best Python sketch ever:

Vercotti: Well I had noticed that the lad with the thermo-nuclear device was the Chief Constable for the area. Anyway a week later they came back, said that the cheque had bounced and that I had to see Doug.

Interviewer: Doug?

Vercotti: Doug (takes a drink) I was terrified of him. Everyone was terrified of Doug. I've seen grown men pull their own heads off rather than see Doug. Even Dinsdale was frightened of Doug.

Interviewer: What did he do?

Vercotti: He used sarcasm. He knew all the tricks, dramatic irony, metaphor, bathos, puns, parody, litotes and satire.
Expand Edited by gcareaga Dec. 4, 2015, 03:24:29 PM EST
Expand Edited by gcareaga Dec. 4, 2015, 03:25:03 PM EST
     The GOP's 1972? - (rcareaga) - (3)
         LRPD: "Lord Vetinari won't stop at sarcasm. He might use" -- Colon swallowed -- "irony." - (Ashton) - (1)
             The Piranha Brothers - (gcareaga)
         this coming from the american Kirchner proponant complaining about failed policies of the past? -NT - (boxley)

"I have Mountain Dew, and crab juice."
"Ugh! Gross! I'll take a crab juice!"
41 ms