IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Yep, fossil fuel is the worst culprit.
Even peat takes thousands of years to build up.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Sadly, just a few rather simple factoids like these are pretty discouraging
to anyone with a a soupçon of clear comprehension of just some basic math, not very complex physics and ... a close look at the historical-fact that Waste has been the rich-countries' Largest and most consistent Product, ever since Conspicuous Consumption became the general indicator of Mine's Bigger, for the billions living high on that perennial hog.

Changing such habits of so many/so quickly is likely a task well beyond the most manipulative-minds who fancy their mob-psych. skillz. Probably our best Hope would be for a demi-Tragedy
{I can't conjure up an outline for one of those}
just adequate to Get the ATTENTION of *ALL* of us complicit co-conspirators/facilitators of what may prove to *have been:
the Final gross-error of all previous human 'fantasies of the futchah''. That which aimed us *Here*.

*How's That! for fun-with the subjunctive tense, word-jockeys?
     now that is doin, not yawping. CO2 recycling - (boxley) - (16)
         Looks interesting. - (Another Scott) - (15)
             I don't get it. - (Andrew Grygus) - (13)
                 I was thinking that too, initially. - (Another Scott)
                 they are turning it into fuel -NT - (boxley) - (11)
                     Yeah? Just how do they expect to do that? - (Andrew Grygus) - (10)
                         uh, read the article? - (boxley) - (9)
                             The article is wonderfully uninformative. - (Andrew Grygus) - (8)
                                 They depend on nearly free electricity if they want to make fuel. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                     Yes, with unlimited "almost free" electricity . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                                 maybe something similar - (boxley) - (5)
                                     Credible science, but major problems. - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
                                         Plants, via photosynthesis, do this all the time. - (a6l6e6x) - (3)
                                             Photosynthesis can't keep up. - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                                                 Yep, fossil fuel is the worst culprit. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                                                     Sadly, just a few rather simple factoids like these are pretty discouraging - (Ashton)
             I bet they generate more CO2 in burning natural gas then they extract from air. - (a6l6e6x)

And suddenly it occurred to me where these guys had learned their tactics. They'd seen Beau Geste, and were copying the Foreign Legionaires at Fort Zinderneuf.
148 ms