IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Neat.
It wasn't that long ago when people thought there was only one star in the universe. It wasn't until the 20th century that astronomers realized that the Milky Way was just one galaxy among billions. The first extra-solar planets were only confirmed in 1992.

The uniqueness of the Earth is becoming ever less likely.

Our knowledge of the universe is increasing ever more quickly.

It makes me wonder if there is going to be some "straw that breaks the camel's back" when it comes to dramatically falling acceptance of the "traditional" picture of Genesis, etc., and the monotheistic deity (at least in the US). Will solid evidence of multicellular life elsewhere do it? What would it take?

And what will that new circumstance mean in human conflict (e.g. Sunni/Shia; Hindu/Muslim; Protestant/Catholic; etc.) if people no longer feel the need to argue about religion?

Cheers,
Scott.
New GMTA.. though a tad late
Indeedy, That Question-set and ... arrival at some sane rationale for the need for and methods leading to: many-fewer homo-saps infesting a planet already dying ..of our Me-Me-Me Disease (and the jillions of ergs spent by unimaginative 1%-ers: on various gold-toys (and all the cyanide tailings a Colorado river can disgorge))
and that, just in Today's "news" ... never-mind the last decades of enviro-horror-shows.

Pity that nobody Knoze how to galvanize people away from the boob-tube, then a million guitar-riffs reused to make iTunes fatter-yet, and all the other symptoms of terminal-Affluenza: now lusted-after mightily by The Chinese ... all WANTING a Big-finned Cadillac of the '50s.

Technically WE CAN Do This! it is ~~ clear; but so long as Incorrigible!! is the interstellar Homo-sap Sig? Well ... you know ... :-/

:-{
     Listening to the Kepler briefing right now - (malraux) - (2)
         Neat. - (Another Scott) - (1)
             GMTA.. though a tad late - (Ashton)

(It's only a model...) SHHHH!
106 ms