IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New CRConrad
Dispite his posts, he seems to care about me but shows it in a way I do not fully understand. He gets things out of my posts that I didn't know were there. I'm trying to be positive about it, but this is hard to do.

I am free now, to choose my own destiny.
New Re: CRConrad
There is a reason he has a seldom used nickname...

Sir Psychlic

a derivative of CRC or Cyclic Redundancy Check.

He is really a Swell guy... Almost let him "date" my Mom...

A grain of salt is all it takes... YAN thing, the slant he looks upon stuff with is a GREAT thing to have around. Has causes me to think better of situations I have been in. Rather, he causes alot of us to think well outside the box... matter of fact, far beyond the distance of still being able to even SEE the box.

greg, curley95@attbi.com -- REMEMBER ED CURRY!!!
New Encouraging that you notice the intent
and courageous for you to admit that you might have missed something (?) you didn't know you were saying. (especially in our culture - where you're not *supposed* to admit.. much)

We're also taught to 'be nice' to people we care about - which we mistakenly take to mean, 'don't ever say anything not-nice'.. No?

Anyway, whether he's entirely accurate in reading-back what you appear to be saying, isn't the whole point, is it? You may be more perceptive in some ways than You think, too :-) As in: noticing that it's *hard* for anyone to speak harshly, yet with the aim of umm being of service?

Hang in there..

Ashton

Besides, if he hated yer guts, imagine the phrases he might muster from .. dumkopf through .. some Finnish idiom for syphilitic spawn of a scabrous anal parasite :(

(Just don't ask him about Visual Oracle C# .. OK?)
New When it comes to CRC...
...I'd be worried if he STOPPED verbally abusing me.

Then I'd suspect he didn't respect me any more. :)
InThane - Now running Ashton rev 2.0
New X% "tough love", (100-X)% genuine meanness from me.
Dispite his posts, he seems to care about me but shows it in a way I do not fully understand.
"Tough Love", you know? :-)

I wanted to remind you about what you promised (AFAICR) last winter (or fall?), after Mike Huber (I think it was) told you that you had to stop *thinking* about all the old shit you've been through -- like, "that's history, let it go" -- and how in order to do that, you first had to stop *talking* about it all the time; how that would only remind you of it, so you *couldn't* very well stop thinking about it.

That was when you switched .sigs a couple of times in rapid succession, and (again, IIRC) adopted your current one. But then, recently, you began whining -- sorry, but there's no other word for it -- again, recently, in the *bodies* of your posts above that .sig. That's what I wanted to shock you out of... And here's hoping it worked! (And yes, frankly, I *could* have been even "meaner" -- quite a lot so -- so that "threat" about posting worse was actually quite serious. Let's hope I won't have to revive it, mmmkay?)

Lastly, to be perfectly honest, I didn't post that *only* for your sake, but also for my own: I was, quite frankly, genuinely tired of reading your seemingly incessant whines in pretty much each and every thread. Sure, to me it may have been just a minor everyday annoyance, not the psychological self-undermining it was to you... But, hey, there's a *lot* of us reading these fora, and only one of you having your specific problems. Bit unfair burdening all of us with your remembered troubles, when we all knew all about them already, wasn't it? So to that extent, it was *genuine* "mean-spirited egotism" on my part...

But, hey, if that was a part of helping you decide to go for even menial retail jobs ("video rewinding", IIRC?) -- which, if I'm judging the collective mood of IWeThey correctly, most of us here seem to think is your best option right now -- then hooray for mean-spirited egotism, right?

He gets things out of my posts that I didn't know were there.
<humble> Yah, well, it's just a gift I have...</humble> ;^>

Well, no, seriously: Maybe they weren't even there at all, I could have been reading more into it than there really was... Then again, maybe not. The main thing is, it got *you* thinking about your situation in ways you apparently hadn't before -- so *something* (hopefully!) good came of it, anyway.

I'm trying to be positive about it, but this is hard to do.
We know it is... But keep working on it!
   Christian R. Conrad
Of course, who am I to point fingers? I'm in the "Information Technology" business, prima facia evidence that there's bats in the bell tower.
-- [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=27764|Andrew Grygus]
New YUP!
I'm trying to be positive about it, but this is hard to do.
We know it is... But keep working on it!

YUP!

And ya know what, Norm? Noone here wants to see you fail, we're all pulling for ya.

Everyone's noticed improvements in your thinking and your attitudes. YAY! That's a great thing, and it's something to be proud of! Pat yourself on the back, and get back to work on it! :-)

Sure, Christian's style can seem abrasive, but do you really think he'd even bother to offer the type of criticism he does if he didn't care? I think most of us, can tell when he's really pissed about something versus passionate about something. And he is passionate about making people think, this I have no doubt :-)

Cheers!
-----
Steve
     CRConrad - (orion) - (5)
         Re: CRConrad - (folkert)
         Encouraging that you notice the intent - (Ashton) - (1)
             When it comes to CRC... - (inthane-chan)
         X% "tough love", (100-X)% genuine meanness from me. - (CRConrad) - (1)
             YUP! - (Steve Lowe)

Whoops, this one's a bit vulgar.
76 ms