IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New What?
It's a 3 step process.

1 Get some wood (it's made of trees, hth)
2 cut it to size
3 There is no step 3
New Step 1 is problematic
No one sells 15" chunks of wood around here.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New 200 mm ~= 7.9 in
Closest I could get around here is 7x9 railroad ties. Don't know that I'd want them in the house since they're fire treated, meaning they shed creosote. Other than that you've got 6x6 fenceposts.
--

Drew
New Yes, but then you'd need to stack them.
Not terribly stable without getting into actually building something.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New -100 man points all round.
Glue and clamps and saws and routers and DOIN IT RITE.
New Gotta think outside the Box-box here..
Modrin techno to the rescue:

1) Ya finds local collector of every shiny-Shiny: thus has a 3-D printer. (Or 3 or 4--gotta keep up.)
2) Ya does a few simple calcs (wall-thickness desired of the plastic) to withstand weight of desk + anticipated horiz. shear-force
(via clumsily tripping over the elevated 'desk', after a vodka-making evening.)
3) input end snugly fits the leg-shape; bottom shape to taste (or leave it tastelessly roundish/squarish.)
4) Pay the man; install 'leg' prostheses, (Admire the 1 minute installation job.) Continue to fight AGW, etc.

[Conslutant fee: waived. Yer Welcome.]
New Pyramids would be most efficient
And by the way ...
thus has a 3-D printer. (Or 3 or 4--gotta keep up.)

What's that, a 4-D printer?
ba-dump-tsshhh
--

Drew
New Yes, both. (drook has a fine Medieval mind) (Thankful he not be a Repo, because.. ... )
New sigh, if I wanted to build something
1 2x4 sliced in 4 pieces
four pieces of strap iron and use 8 bolts to attach the legs to the desk. I cant be bothered, all I want to do is lift it up, shove something under it, done
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 59 years. meep
New (well, ya gots Med-care now, right? Shorten your femurs. Done.)

HTH ;^>
New Well then...
How about old telephone books? The hardest part will be collecting enough.

Wade.
New think bricks or malroux' idea will do the trick
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 59 years. meep
     any ideas on raising desks? - (boxley) - (26)
         Bricks. They look better than cinder blocks. -NT - (Andrew Grygus)
         Depending on the shape of the legs... - (Another Scott) - (2)
             no legs, two flat sides Andrew, thanks for the suggestion of bricks might work -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                 Ref: Andrew, thanks for the suggestion of bricks might work - (Andrew Grygus)
         Re: any ideas on raising desks? - (pwhysall) - (16)
             1/8 of a yard -6 inches blocks of wood are not sold here -NT - (boxley)
             We invented a thing called a "saw" for this very circumstance. -NT - (pwhysall) - (14)
                 hmmm here is a link, find a sublink of the wood and post back - (boxley) - (13)
                     What? - (pwhysall) - (12)
                         Step 1 is problematic - (malraux) - (11)
                             200 mm ~= 7.9 in - (drook) - (10)
                                 Yes, but then you'd need to stack them. - (malraux) - (9)
                                     -100 man points all round. - (pwhysall) - (8)
                                         Gotta think outside the Box-box here.. - (Ashton) - (2)
                                             Pyramids would be most efficient - (drook) - (1)
                                                 Yes, both. (drook has a fine Medieval mind) (Thankful he not be a Repo, because.. ... ) -NT - (Ashton)
                                         sigh, if I wanted to build something - (boxley) - (4)
                                             (well, ya gots Med-care now, right? Shorten your femurs. Done.) -NT - (Ashton)
                                             Well then... - (static) - (2)
                                                 think bricks or malroux' idea will do the trick -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                                     :-) -NT - (static)
         Here's what I did: - (malraux) - (2)
             hmm, need to hit the flea markets while travelling this weekend -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                 Might be difficult to find a matched pair -NT - (malraux)
         plastic milk crates are sold at home depot -NT - (Silverlock) - (1)
             really? thanks, that is the best solution -NT - (boxley)

Yow!
124 ms