IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New It's odd to think
...that early in my "career" with Flatline, Comatose, Torpor & Drowse I was occasionally required to serve a fortnight in the "ADP Room" (today the lair of our LAN guy, directly above the space I had to vacate a few months ago), where I operated punched-card machines to match shipments cleared through Customs to documents subsequently filed to make these imports copacetic with the USG. I was using, in 1980, electromechanical technology configured around a technology standard settled upon in 1928. My father, now quite frail, was just seven back then. Sheesh. Of course, for seven years after 1980, following my elevation to the International Division, my "database" consisted of a bank of about forty file drawers, the contents of which it was my responsibility manually to track. These days you'd look long and hard to find file cabinets in what remains of the ID here...

cordially,
New You're an old fart! :)
And I was twelve when you were born.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New You had punched cards? file cabinets!?
All we had were MDMCCCCn notations on papyrus. Then the ink would spill, then.. back to
1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1 got you an X, then X+ ... well, you know.

These pesky young-uns! who never had n extended, rapid conversations in igPa atinLa ... as a superior form of encryption (when amidst lurking adults, ever seeking clues to our clearly Alien roots.)
New Reminds me of my high school librarian.
Always updating the card catalogue. She often took whole drawers home to add updates.

Wade.
     Cinema: "The Imitation Game" - (rcareaga) - (7)
         :-) Thanks for the review. -NT - (Another Scott)
         Thanks! Put on to view list. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         It's odd to think - (rcareaga) - (3)
             You're an old fart! :) - (a6l6e6x)
             You had punched cards? file cabinets!? - (Ashton)
             Reminds me of my high school librarian. - (static)
         What's so wrong about that? - (CRConrad)

Per nostra Pentium Quatro cum 2 gigahertzum e bus de cuatrocentum megahertzum...
Deo Gratie...
Per nostros Quinientum Doce megabaitum de RAMus...
Deo Gratie...
Per nostra GeForsum Duo Mu Omega cum centum ventiocho megabytum de memoria Delta Delta Rho...
Deo Gratie...
E por nostro casum de aluminum con sweetum modus e infinitum blinkenlightenus...
Amen
44 ms