IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I have a mid-09 MacBook Pro.
It's a 13" screen, has dual core 2.25 MHz processor, and originally 2 GB memory. The screen resolution is the same as the machine you cite.

The screen size has really been OK, but I will be tempted to go up to 15" the next time.

I've upgraded my machine to 8 GB memory and when the hard drive died to an SSD. Each upgrade improved performance with the SSD a bit more noticeable. The MacBook Pro has the nice feature of having a back-lit keyboard (when ambient light is low). I'm using the Yosemite OS. I'm still satisfied with it. The primary annoyance is that some keys are just a bit sticky or require extra pressure.

I'm a bit surprised that the machine you cite can work with 16 GB memory with the right OS and would seek verification elsewhere. But, I suppose earlier OS's couldn't manage 16 GB that's otherwise available as hardware.

The price is certainly good.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Thanks both for tips..
WIll try for some verification on 16 GB or even 8, for that matter.
Also, addicted as I be to illuminated kb, more to ponder.. hmm could use the Logi blue-tooth kb (also tiny and with lights.)

Mid-'10 Macbook MC516LL/A on sale at iSale today (maybe a few days??) - (Ashton) - (5)
         Find out what "Grade B" means, and compare to MacofAllTrades - (Another Scott) - (2)
             Al Punte on the memory, maybe.. - (Ashton) - (1)
                 If EveryMac says 16 GB, then you can trust it. - (Another Scott)
         I have a mid-09 MacBook Pro. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             Thanks both for tips.. - (Ashton)

LRPD Who Must Be Obeyed.
58 ms