IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New So what's at the center of the galaxy then?
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Lots of heavy stuff and dust, I guess.
The paper at Arxiv is way over my head, but the discussion (pages 7-8) seems to indicate that the results are general. I take that to mean that "supermassive black holes at the center of the galaxy" don't exist either.

It'll be interesting to see what holes are poked in her paper. Or maybe this will give even more reason for people to take dark matter more seriously.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Real scientists should love stuff like this
"Ooh, something 'everyone knows' isn't true. Time to do some new research and publish!"
--

Drew
New In the face of all this, now meta- physics, one hopes
that the lesson of Boltzmann's Atom has percolated throughout the intelligentsia ... sufficiently.
Scientists are no less affected by visions of Approbation, Fame, thus a fine Career ..than others-with-brains.

Meanwhile, the finer we focus our newest microscopes, the more we see to Wonder about; this phenomenon should temper
having much emotional-attachment to the common truthiness, at any time. Wouldn't ya think?
Humility; don't pontificate without it! (I think that has not yet become a koan.. but A.E. surely came near it.)

(Methinks that, the more that [Reality} appears to be a statistical locus [???] the less able is human jelloware
to derive any useful metaphors: those handy icons we daily live-by.)

Einstein could imagine riding a light wavicle.
NdeGT could dramatize spaghettification(!) after the Event-horizon.

But all must punt, in 11 or 22 Dimensions; math-alone won't do it. Because Gōdel.

Over and out.
New The fabled pot of gold!
     Black Holes don't exist. - (Another Scott) - (7)
         So what's at the center of the galaxy then? -NT - (malraux) - (4)
             Lots of heavy stuff and dust, I guess. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                 Real scientists should love stuff like this - (drook)
                 In the face of all this, now meta- physics, one hopes - (Ashton)
             The fabled pot of gold! -NT - (Andrew Grygus)
         Woah, easy tiger. - (pwhysall)
         Thanks.. darkly illuminating - (Ashton)

Do your part to keep the LpH climbing!
52 ms