IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New or I misread it
"While you spend part of your workweek".
Does that mean the hours spent, or the entire workweek?
New To me, that means the whole week
Otherwise, that is a pisspoorly worded sentence given its obvious capability to set off a firestorm.
New I read it as 10% off total pay
While you spend part of your workweek on learning and development activities, you will receive 90% of your current base salary.

The "while" doesn't refer to the part of each week that they're doing learning and development. The "while" refers to the duration of their employment during which they are spending part of each week on learning and development.
--

Drew
New one reason I like contracting, pay me, I work an hour pay me for one
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 59 years. meep
New yeah, this
New like I said, maybe I misread it
I'd get clarification before exploding. But if you are right (and upon further thought I agree with you), yeah, I'd be pissed. On the other hand, it seems there is a time limit for the training period so at least there is a goal end site in mind. On the other other hand, I bet those that do poorly in training are fired. On the other other other hand, this is probably good for the clients. Most software consultants from the "big" companies are filler, to simply satisfy the body commitment from the contract, and I have very little faith in their abilities.
New Some see a stock price manipulation exercise
Apparently, IBM promised $20 earnings per share in 2015 and is now hard at work to reach that goal by all means possible.
     IBM tells some employees they need 'training,' to cut their pay 10% - (lincoln) - (14)
         1 day out of 5 to be spent dedicated to training - (crazy) - (9)
             That isn't how anyone else reads it - (scoenye) - (8)
                 then they are idiots - (crazy) - (7)
                     or I misread it - (crazy) - (6)
                         To me, that means the whole week - (scoenye) - (5)
                             I read it as 10% off total pay - (drook) - (4)
                                 one reason I like contracting, pay me, I work an hour pay me for one -NT - (boxley)
                                 yeah, this -NT - (pwhysall)
                                 like I said, maybe I misread it - (crazy) - (1)
                                     Some see a stock price manipulation exercise - (scoenye)
         What's that? A large corporation? - (pwhysall) - (1)
             You do not (fully) comprehend Murican double-speak: - (Ashton)
         That's a far cry from what IBM used to be. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             RPI doing eVehicle batteries now, among other things. - (Ashton)

I'll be back on you like dumb on Dan Quayle.
64 ms