IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New My outsider's view
Some people are ambitious. They plan to win everything they do. And they can't win unless someone else loses, else what can "win" mean?
--

Drew
New (aka?) A moth sees a flame.. and..
New thats the grifter, sometimes they get rich
used to work for Wally Hickel and company. He was governor at the time so we didnt spend a lot of time jawjacking but we did some. Winter was the tough time for tourism back in the day but unlike others he would retain as much staff as possible and do it by tightening down everything else.
He wrote a book,

http://www.amazon.com/Who-Owns-America-Walter-Hickel/dp/013958322X he met grifters all the time.

He was rich and I attended a few board meetings as technical architect. Got to know the board members, nice folks.

Met a few others, richer but unknowns. Almost all of them were worried about the regular folk, they did care. Met a few grifters along the way, some very well off, not worth the trouble to piss on them if they were on fire. Have even met one "super rich" he stopped when I was stranded at the side of the road and called one of his workers (he didn't carry cables natch) and stayed and chatted about Mexico, politics, narcos, and the plight of the sandanista war on the regular folk until his guys got there.
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 59 years. meep
New ehh, that's the stereotypical psychopath view
I've met a few as well, but most of them, the ones that actually run businesses, simply look at the balance sheet. People are often just interchangeable cogs to them. They don't try to actively hurt anyone unless they are threatened by them. The rest are ants, to be squished when they get in the way, but usually ignored.
New How about the people "on their level"?
If you draw a salary you're a cog. But what about other owners? To hear Hollywood tell it - and based on newspaper reports I don't think they're too far off - the desire to beat someone in a deal is as much a driver as the bottom line.
--

Drew
New It may not conflate to Just-that, but the thought can't be more than a blink-away.
     The 1% May Be Richer Than You Think, Research Shows - (Ashton) - (11)
         you can only eat one steak at a time - (boxley) - (10)
             But - if you have enough money . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (9)
                 that what I dont get, if I got mine why should I care? -NT - (boxley) - (8)
                     That's why you're not rich ... you don't get it -NT - (drook) - (7)
                         but I have met really rich, they dont do that either -NT - (boxley) - (6)
                             My outsider's view - (drook) - (5)
                                 (aka?) A moth sees a flame.. and.. -NT - (Ashton)
                                 thats the grifter, sometimes they get rich - (boxley)
                                 ehh, that's the stereotypical psychopath view - (crazy) - (2)
                                     How about the people "on their level"? - (drook) - (1)
                                         It may not conflate to Just-that, but the thought can't be more than a blink-away. -NT - (Ashton)

And damn, but I wanted to get involved with a land war in Asia.
62 ms