IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Women, men, culture
I note that bicyclists in the Bay Area seem inclined to claim the privileges of vehicles or of pedestrians according to whichever status happens to carry with it the greater advantage at any given intersection. At some risk of forfeiting all of my gender politics street cred, it has begun to seem to me that many women are disposed to opt for post- and pre-economic emancipation stances, again depending on which one confers the effective upper hand. For example, almost every woman who has linked her economic status to mine in the several decades since I attained my full growth has implicitly relied on me to pay the rent, pay the bills month after month in the event that she could not. None have ever paid the rent when I could not (although I've always contrived to meet that metric); all, I think, would have been scandalized had I applied to them for support; all, finally, would have described themselves as "feminists" without a trace of irony. Am I missing something?

cordially,
New Just be glad...
You seem to have some female companions that can tell the truth.

I've recently discovered the "love the one your with" one... is about as trustworthy as Lucifer was the day before he was thrown out of Heaven.

So, no, you aren't missing anything.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible." --Stanislaw Jerzy Lec
New when wife #1 decided on divorce
...it was suddenly all about money. I was unprepared for this; imagined that the issues were still emotional, but she'd gone way past that. I confess to being half-persuaded by the evolutionary sociology argument that relations between the genders are ruthlessly self-serving at a certain level. I'll go further and assert that in my experience women are far more practical, less sentimental in these matters than men are. Makes sense, when you think of it...

cordially,
New Economics of objectification
The sexes are valued differently. Women have a short reproductive window, an asset half-life of maybe twenty years after they reach maturity ( legal drinking age? college graduation?). They leverage that asset against our potential to sustain and advance the economic status of the union because, face it, even the best of us is at best unobjectionable to look at. If the union fails, accounts must be settled.

They are rational when it suits them and irrational when it suits them. Norwegian bachelor farmerdom is worse for us and they know it. Check and mate.
New Check and mate
I saw what you did there.
New (No. no! ... there are punsters here?)
New I have a fix
Go to jail, lose all income (verifiably), and all of a sudden they are able to live without your cash, yet 2 months before they are crying that they will starve and die without it.
     Women, men, culture - (rcareaga) - (6)
         Just be glad... - (folkert) - (5)
             when wife #1 decided on divorce - (rcareaga) - (4)
                 Economics of objectification - (gcareaga) - (2)
                     Check and mate - (rcareaga) - (1)
                         (No. no! ... there are punsters here?) -NT - (Ashton)
                 I have a fix - (crazy)

This is the reference implementation of the self-referential joke.
177 ms