(ie not very.. high)

You may be right that Size Matters (ignore other associations.)
I don't see much happening until there is a (commanding) plebiscite agreeing/disagreeing with only One question, ~~

Is it your belief that, considering all the matters on your personal agenda re the current U.S.Constitutional mandates, the current conduct of the three branches of Government and your assessment of current living conditions in this, your country, that: Our System of Government has become irremediably dysfunctional?

Well, something like that: it is conceivable (and referenced by the Founding Mothers) for there to occur a somewhat orderly demand to convene a Constitutional Convention ... and try to do better than [some future crisis-of-Confidence.]

Unfortunately this course demands participation of a basically-educated group of authentic Citizens (even to understand-the-Question.)
And, it's a real crap-shoot that such would be the case. Given the %mouth-breathers du jour: I punt, again.
Doesn't matter 'what I'd prefer' in the way of a less-bloody yet effective Revolution. I don't believe we have enough authentic Citizens for any such pipe-dream.

I also don't think I'll miss at all, not being around to watch squads of real-pieces-of-work -vs- sincere non-predatory Good guys n'gals playing Lexington & Concord. With heat-seeking missiles, IEDs and dum-dums.
(There are some real scum out there who, as in the current Corporatocracy, give not-a-shit about construction, when destruction is what gives them a stiffie.)

Anyone who saw Wednesday's NOVA, Earth from Space, employing unprecedented coordination of data from all orbiters, synthesized into beautiful, educative graphics: will see Why a bunch of testosterone-crazed militants will kill not merely the dis-USA, but disrupt [n+1000] feedback-loops essential for maintenance of a livable Earth.

It's bleak, maybe Hopeless but, fortunately: it's all about a future series of good/bad/indifferent choices we can't imagine at all.

Carrion.