IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Fer you upside down grouches -
My guess is it's the same Schultz who used to draw Peanuts, lived up the road a few km from where I hang out -- and gave the world: Good 'Ol Charlie Brown and Lucy - the prototypical fussbudget.

Guess he managed to get his little reminders of growing-up homo-sap foibles across better in drawings than in prose.. Trouble with prose is, if you said these approx. trueish things to a kid who's infatuated with [whatever]; it wouldn't register til she'd lived it, anyway. (Would still have the Tiny Tim tattoo on the butt, doncha know?)

Heisman trophy - something to do with an arcane game where guys crash into each other in search of a badly distorted funny looking air-filled thing like a pig's bladder. Played on the physical form of the stuff M/Sloth plays on too: Astroturf. (The grass all died)

World Series? Maybe that's Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter ... for the locals?

Now - arnt'cha sorry you missed out on Merkin Kultur First Hand? (Our walkabouts are always done in 4-wd buggies the size of small houses; Daddy pays for the gas, too.)

Ashton
whatever happened to Jenny Agutter? (speakin' o' Walkabout - the Movie)
New Jen still has her fans
And one of them has put [link|http://www.afterthefire.co.uk/friends/agutter/biog.htm|this] together. Seems therewas life after Walkabout and The Railway Children afterall.

Ta for the info!
On and on and on and on,
and on and on and on goes John.
New Nice bio.
Glad she wasn't a two-trick pony.. I still recall the poignancy of the closing scene in Walkabout.. from the innocence and adventure to ---> some anonymous flat, cutting up part of some dead animal for dinner / cigarette in the ashtray / and a smarmy wannabe biznessman kinda guy for a mate, babbling office-speak at her, not *noticing* she was quite far away.. :(

Guess she wasn't a 'great' actress but - some moments of her performances have approached that.

Thanks for the reprise.

Ashton
     Pop Quiz, by Charles Schultz - (brettj) - (8)
         Guess I don't need to be taught The Lesson... - (Meerkat) - (5)
             Re: Guess I don't need to be taught The Lesson... - (brettj) - (1)
                 I should have done the right thing - (Meerkat)
             Fer you upside down grouches - - (Ashton) - (2)
                 Jen still has her fans - (Meerkat) - (1)
                     Nice bio. - (Ashton)
         At my brother's funeral. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
             Fortunate literary choice.. - (Ashton)

Yes, no, maybe so.
70 ms