IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New the bigger problem
In the last thirty years we have more and more stupid people in charge of the system, both in government,communication, finance and industry.
I have met leaders of all that you couldn't trust with a sharp stick because they will poke their eyes out.
The smart ones who understood how shit works are dying out.

These folks make decisions that effect all of us. From the health care rollout, the financial meltdown, wall street, fleet street and GM the stupid reigns. A result is a stupid trickle down effect.

The science we depend on is rapidly failing in 20 years, no one will understand how to create a circuit and will depend on machines to do it for them.
It will get worse quick. No one reads the manuals, hell they dont even publish manuals. I can get more information on a labia tightening procedure than nother can get on how to hook up the network gear he just bought.

Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 58 years. meep
New Hey!
:-)

There are still lots of sharp people out there. Trouble is, too many of them can't get jobs that pay a decent wage any more. For example, a very sharp new guy at work has a significant other who is working as an unpaid intern in some Congressman's office. She just got her PhD...

:-(

Cheers,
Scott.
(Who is so glad he's not trying to start a new career these days...)
New It all depends on being born into the right family . . .
. . and sent to the right school to play football - and being 6 foot plus.

Nothing else counts - nothing at all.

If you don't have those credentials, it doesn't matter how smart or how educated you are - you're not in the game.

New Not true
I was born into the servant class. I did very well. I fucked up and didn't play by the rules and got caught. But that was MY fault. I chose that direction. I never went to college, never played sports, and am short. I never joined the right groups, I never shmoozed the right people. But I made myself useful, and was part of the American dream, no matter who hated me because of who my parents were. I do not blame the system for my choices. I'm sure I would have done FAR worse in any of the other possible systems.
New But ...
If you had been from the right family, it never would have occurred to anyone to look around after doing what they were supposed to be there for. Or rather, they would have known better than to satisfy their curiosity.

Having the right connections isn't just about improving the upside, though it certainly does that. It's also about eliminating the downside. This not only insulates you from bad decisions and bad fortune, but also gives you a safety net to try riskier things -- which is where the biggest upside opportunities come from.
--

Drew
New This could be just-as-Big. Maybe terminal--for most of us.
http://www.theguardi...stice-lets-end-it

Inherited wealth is an injustice. Let's end it
Inheritance, which rewards the wealthy for doing nothing, is once again becoming a key route to riches – just as it was in the Victorian era

James Butler
theguardian.com, Wednesday 26 March 2014 11.08 EDT

Inherited wealth is the great taboo of British politics. Nobody likes to talk about it, but it determines a huge number of outcomes: from participation in public life, to access to education, to the ability to save or purchase property. When David Cameron recently promised to raise the threshold for inheritance tax to £1m and praised "people who have worked hard and saved", he is singing from the hymn sheet of inherited inequality: it is, after all, easier to save if you inherit substantial sums to squirrel away, or if you can lock money in property that is virtually guaranteed to offer huge returns. Hard work has very little to do with it.

[. . .]

Emphasis: yada.

The UK numbers (nor ΔUS) don't much matter--the Disparities Do.
And whatever REGULATIONS (US or UK) as could get through Plutocrat-'selected'/electees as actually Govern:
would. be. (sabotaged) pap. ... THINK, for just one: Single-Payer Med.

So long as Accumulated-$$Wealth Rules: 'We' Don't get a meaningful "vote". EVER, I aver.

(And the young/white Aynish arrogant-ones Like This Fine: because they're already on a fast-track to each's very-own Hedge Fund, etc. wash/rinse.)
Worship of $$ is obsession-with-Power (over those who are "One-down") --Alistair Sim's phrase, well over 50 years ago/great movie, that..
School for Scoundrels, pretty sure/in B&W--no cgi, 3-D or guitars.

The more the disparity in $/hr. the more sociopaths are created: rather than 'social'--ists.(Obvious-by-inspection?)
I may well be unutterably-dense, because someone has to e x p l a i n to me how it Can Be, that:
Working-within ... a system which has been co-opted/thus is corrupted/non-functional by-def'n:
Any Group could create Radical Change?? [Radical means: in fucking-Root concepts!]

Well...? I'm Listening.

Oh. And. Talk-not about patience.. about creeping-gradualism, aka: "over Generations.." and cha.cha.cha. like that.
(Unless I am also completely 'at-sea' re. those little 'planetary Problems' about which we have all heard. (Too.))

This is Simple: (I think)
If I am correct-er (than the peace-loving gradualists, ordinarily a Laudable bunch..)
Murica shall remain the stagnant cess-pool of Brave jingoistic Slogans and Cowardly (non-)Actions forever
==as it goes Down with whimpers, gnashing-of-teeth wailings ... and futile/occasional self-immolations.

So: what does that Leave? as regards 'Action'-soon enough to attend to planet-wide Problems?
Er.. IN TIME.

Sorry. It's late.. long day. Hadn't the time to make it Briefer: get off asses and Fight?
Nawww.. ya gots to then explain what 'fight' might mean: to all IQs + all-mindsets: in each's argot.
No Wonder! that Bertie damn near went-mad, tryin to put All of Math into a step-by-step ... progression of Boolean fucking-logic, eh?

Law above fear, justice above law, mercy above justice, love above all.
New so you own nothing, the government rents it to you no thx
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 58 years. meep
New Digital-think slogans can not be reasoned-with (or against.)
New Well, you're right about that...
>>> "The UK numbers (nor ÄUS) don't much matter--the Disparities Do. "

From the comments:

One sentence basically says it all: "The top 1 percent of Americans gained 93 percent of the additional income created in the country in 2010, as compared with 2009." Now think of that in terms of a party with 100 people and big pizza with 100 slices. Basically it means that one rich guy gobbles up 93 slices of pizza. The other 99 get to divvy up the other seven.

http://www.amazon.co...ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

It's at my local library, probably yours too!
     Dean Baker: Don't fear the robot overlords. - (Another Scott) - (33)
         Ever the apologist. - (mmoffitt) - (32)
             Eh? -NT - (Another Scott) - (22)
                 Capitalism is the enemy of the People. - (mmoffitt) - (21)
                     Wasn't aware that we weren't Capitalists in the pre-1970s... - (Another Scott) - (20)
                         he has point, as do you - (crazy) - (1)
                             Concur. Sadly. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                         Was speaking of productivity gains. - (mmoffitt) - (17)
                             I agree with Reich's thesis. - (Another Scott) - (16)
                                 On Capitalism's "Success". - (mmoffitt) - (15)
                                     Meh. - (Another Scott) - (14)
                                         Heh. Back to "the lessor of two evils" are we? - (mmoffitt) - (13)
                                             Better is better - (drook) - (8)
                                                 Tilting at windmills - (crazy)
                                                 Regulating the ever-loving shit out of employers works -NT - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                                     What he ^ said. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                                 I don't know how many more times ... - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                                     Some good points. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                                         That's not optimism. That's delusional. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                             DeLong is an economist with a strong interest in history. - (Another Scott)
                                                         And Thanks! - (mmoffitt)
                                             LessEr. LessOr is opposite of Lessee... - (CRConrad) - (3)
                                                 Miss the quotation marks around it? ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                     Those are around the whole expression. - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                                         I yield. ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt)
             the bigger problem - (boxley) - (8)
                 Hey! - (Another Scott) - (3)
                     It all depends on being born into the right family . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                         Not true - (crazy) - (1)
                             But ... - (drook)
                 This could be just-as-Big. Maybe terminal--for most of us. - (Ashton) - (3)
                     so you own nothing, the government rents it to you no thx -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                         Digital-think slogans can not be reasoned-with (or against.) -NT - (Ashton)
                     Well, you're right about that... - (dmcarls)

We're sorry. Your LRPD has been back-ordered, and will ship when stocks have been replenished.
314 ms