Guess I cut Sagan's mannerisms a bit more slack, though I viewed the series as, for the neophytes and judged it on those apparent results.
Also, didn't pay enough attention to peripheral stuff to catch the Cornell effect; expected hype, though.

(Had already realized the gulf/chasm?? between most folks and anything beyond junk-science.--so my interest was self-serving.)
I mean.. who wants to live amidst folk who see sci. as magick (they don't want to learn about) or fearful-doings (they'd rather imagine about?)

Neutral on Fox's 'lightening' -?- lots of shades on Google, too; there's no 'STP' for color temp across all photogs, right? Gotta see him Live..
(Not that it wouldn't occur to Fox to pander to Its Base, of course--but so blatantly, in 2014?)
Many good posters/quips in that collection,

There is no shame in not knowing.

The problem arises
when irrational thought and attendant behavior
fill the vacuum left by ignorance

Think T. will do fine--exceed Sagan, except extemporaneously perhaps, peripheral to the Show: clearly he doesn't suffer fools at all, and there are many around/in-suits or grungies.

PS: Gotcher Tickets to the '39 Worlds Fair right chere! A bit early por moi to go. $3.75 for face-value $5.40 !!!
(Aunt legacy--seems they used a few of them.) Inside also too: a Ration Coupon for 5# sugar (Rev. 2-44)
If The Doctor times it right, on 6/10/39 George VI + Elizabeth will be there too!

So we're good to go, if the Tardis stays on schedule.