IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Damning with faint praise.
That David Brooks, among the most thoughtful of all conservative pundits,...

Now there's a depiction of David Brooks I've never entertained. Isn't "thoughtful, conservative pundit" also an oxymoron?
New Since the labels are so screwed up, it's impossible to guess
if 'thoughtful' ever applies--mainly, I think because most of the folks self-labeled as 'conservatives' over past decade or so--are Reactionaries at least, most often radical ones.
But even if a handful of those once recognizable as 'Conservatives' were found somewhere (possibly bound and gagged in a Tea Party basement)
--we're still screwed for fathoming brains which seem to have been rewired so as to be unrecognizable to other than their own *Rewireds.

I can'r decide what it is about Bobo, though.. to me he epitomizes, seems the incarnation of that hoary Professor/student quip,
Your work is so disorganized it's not even wrong.
Maybe it's ~ how he cheerfully pushes-on, long after his major/minor premises have been shredded, as-if a few hundred more seconds of bloviation will Win ... some point, long-before macerated.
He's just fucking-Strange..

* I think of Bobo's brain ... much as I recall first opening up the clamshell-case of a new PDP-8, eyes drawn to the WIRE-loom. In Amazement!

ALL. the. bloody.wires. were. YELLOW. !!
(I mean.. imagine attempting to trouble-shoot a simple Wiring position-Error--the sort of thing which most homo-saps Do.)
[Day 3 and already I was feeling that IT + moi would be a huge mis-match.]

Would like to see Bobo 'debate' on Intelligence-squared: could That tribe succeed--finally!-- in nailing jello to a Wall?
{{sigh}} Life too short ever to LIsten to Bobo twice.

Robt. Reich cuts Bobo a new one - (Ashton) - (2)
         Damning with faint praise. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
             Since the labels are so screwed up, it's impossible to guess - (Ashton)

Who are you, who are so wise in the ways of science?
68 ms