IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Robt. Reich cuts Bobo a new one
http://www.salon.com...equality_partner/

Robert Reich: David Brooks is full of it
The former secretary of labor dismantles the Times columnist's ideas about the "social problems of the poor"

ROBERT REICH

Occasionally David Brooks, who personifies the oxymoron “conservative thinker” better than anyone I know, displays such profound ignorance that a rejoinder is necessary lest his illogic permanently pollute public debate. Such is the case with his New York Times column last Friday, arguing that we should be focusing on the “interrelated social problems of the poor” rather than on inequality, and that the two are fundamentally distinct.

Baloney.

[. . .]

('Course, too: permanently polluted public debate shall be with-us until ... The End.)
But w.t.F. Dreams made us what-we-are-today. Click-HARD the heels of those little red shoes..
New Damning with faint praise.
That David Brooks, among the most thoughtful of all conservative pundits,...

Now there's a depiction of David Brooks I've never entertained. Isn't "thoughtful, conservative pundit" also an oxymoron?
New Since the labels are so screwed up, it's impossible to guess
if 'thoughtful' ever applies--mainly, I think because most of the folks self-labeled as 'conservatives' over past decade or so--are Reactionaries at least, most often radical ones.
But even if a handful of those once recognizable as 'Conservatives' were found somewhere (possibly bound and gagged in a Tea Party basement)
--we're still screwed for fathoming brains which seem to have been rewired so as to be unrecognizable to other than their own *Rewireds.

I can'r decide what it is about Bobo, though.. to me he epitomizes, seems the incarnation of that hoary Professor/student quip,
Your work is so disorganized it's not even wrong.
Maybe it's ~ how he cheerfully pushes-on, long after his major/minor premises have been shredded, as-if a few hundred more seconds of bloviation will Win ... some point, long-before macerated.
He's just fucking-Strange..

* I think of Bobo's brain ... much as I recall first opening up the clamshell-case of a new PDP-8, eyes drawn to the WIRE-loom. In Amazement!

ALL. the. bloody.wires. were. YELLOW. !!
(I mean.. imagine attempting to trouble-shoot a simple Wiring position-Error--the sort of thing which most homo-saps Do.)
[Day 3 and already I was feeling that IT + moi would be a huge mis-match.]

Would like to see Bobo 'debate' on Intelligence-squared: could That tribe succeed--finally!-- in nailing jello to a Wall?
{{sigh}} Life too short ever to LIsten to Bobo twice.

Robt. Reich cuts Bobo a new one - (Ashton) - (2)
         Damning with faint praise. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
             Since the labels are so screwed up, it's impossible to guess - (Ashton)

Ergh... bring me a bucket!
100 ms