IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Took me a while to realise that the (OK, the approximate)...
...date of publication probably wasn't entirely coincidental, either. (Or was it?)
--
Christian R. Conrad
Same old username (as above), but now on iki.fi

(Yeah, yeah, it redirects to the same old GMail... But just in case I ever want to change.)
New Our predatory empire…
appears determined to celebrate the brand and the packaging even though the ingredients have become hopelessly adulterated. I've been feeling discouraged over the whole NSA business, and might not have written the piece without it; did consider holding off for a day on the post but finally had to "get it out of my system."

One of these days BDS may take notice of these harmless meditations, and because our affairs have become so entangled with the security state apparatus, they will likely not be pleased in that event. I suppose I'll burn that bridge when I come to it. It certainly is disheartening to see, on the evidence of their public pronouncements on the Book of Face, that so many of my shaggy old college comrades have degenerated into the reflexive flag waving and cheap patriotism I, and they, properly associated with old fartitude back in the day. "Defending freedom," my ass. I labor under no illusion that my impotent blogging is the moral equivalent of signing up with die Weiße Rose, but at least I'm on public record as dissenting. I'm still complicit, of course, but if these entries are taken into account, maybe The Hague will shave a few years off my term in the re-education camp.

cordially,
     Taking the fifth, so to speak - (dmcarls) - (11)
         actually in fulton county when you refuse to blow - (boxley)
         It's normal behavior in banana 'republics'. Surprise still? - (Ashton) - (9)
             There already - (rcareaga) - (8)
                 GMTA (well. likely so do diseased-minds) - (Ashton)
                 There isn't a uniform rate of change. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                     Re: There isn't a uniform rate of change. - (Ashton) - (2)
                         Well said, as always. And yet... - (Another Scott) - (1)
                             Excellent Link.. - (Ashton)
                 Quite excellent. Thanks. - (hnick)
                 Took me a while to realise that the (OK, the approximate)... - (CRConrad) - (1)
                     Our predatory empire… - (rcareaga)

Doh! Wrong button, Scott!
71 ms