IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Your...
UNIX but *NOT* Unix workstation.

There are to many quirks for it to be involved in my daily work flow. I've used OSX daily for about 3 years now. I still only do "OSX" only kinds of things on it.

I actually gave it a really good college try. Just never could give up the sheer number of extra keystrokes I have to use to do the same work.

I mean... editors on OSX, case in point, HOME doesn't work like I NEED it to. END doesn't work like I need it to. Page Up and Page Down same thing. The keys are redefinable... but not really. They'll be different of iTerm or Term.app... Mail.app acts differently than both of the others.

Its like someone put together a squishy thing and tried to make it work. No... I like "Barbaric Linux" over "refined OSX," any day now.

Sure, things work on OSX, but games aren't my priority, evidently I'm in the minority. And speaking of OSX being UNIX... huh you'd think Unity could just port the damned thing over like all the other UNIX vendors did with the junk they made... except for AutoDesk and a few others.

Yeah. Push that button again, one more time.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
PGP key 1024D/B524687C 2003-08-05
Fingerprint: E1D3 E3D7 5850 957E FED0 2B3A ED66 6971 B524 687C
New eh? ctlf and ctlb work the same on either box, w as well
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 58 years. meep
New Continue to do what ever it is you do.
I use computers a certain way and will continue to do so.

You can do WTF ever you can.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
New OS X is real UNIX, with a certificate and everyfink.
New actually it is, linux on the other hand is expressly not
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 58 years. meep
New You are correct, because...
Nobody will *PAY* to have it certified as a UNIX... because NOBODY CARES!
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
New you could pay all ya want, no unix code in there,
New Uh...
You know... it is a *SPECIFICATION* right? Not a UNIX CODE THING.

Heck Windows ALMOST qualifies as UNIX with Posix Compliance.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
New posix isn't unix either
New DO YOU READ?
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
New WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING
SUS isn't unix either.
New Because you obviously didn't read what I wrote.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
New Just because it's got the PAID certificate..
Doesn't mean its a good one.

Its a usable one for many peeps.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
New >gone fishin< >got a bite< >got a big one<
New like shootin' fish in a barrel.
And yes... it does work.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
New rofl. :-) Play nice you two. :-D
New Is that why they have the ancient BSD toolchain? :-)
Instead of a modern GNU-ish one? In fact, I think even a POSIX toolchain is more modern than the BSD stuff in OS X, though I'm happy to be wrong there.

Wade.
Just Add Story http://justaddstory.wordpress.com/
New it's mostly bsd under the hood
legacy of NeXt without the openstep which they sold to sun
     FPS-Man - (malraux) - (20)
         Needs Unity... - (folkert) - (19)
             sux2bu - (malraux) - (18)
                 Your... - (folkert) - (17)
                     eh? ctlf and ctlb work the same on either box, w as well -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                         Continue to do what ever it is you do. - (folkert)
                     OS X is real UNIX, with a certificate and everyfink. -NT - (pwhysall) - (14)
                         actually it is, linux on the other hand is expressly not -NT - (boxley) - (7)
                             You are correct, because... - (folkert) - (6)
                                 you could pay all ya want, no unix code in there, -NT - (boxley) - (5)
                                     Uh... - (folkert) - (4)
                                         posix isn't unix either -NT - (boxley) - (3)
                                             DO YOU READ? -NT - (folkert) - (2)
                                                 WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING - (boxley) - (1)
                                                     Because you obviously didn't read what I wrote. -NT - (folkert)
                         Just because it's got the PAID certificate.. - (folkert) - (3)
                             >gone fishin< >got a bite< >got a big one< -NT - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                 like shootin' fish in a barrel. - (folkert)
                                 rofl. :-) Play nice you two. :-D -NT - (Another Scott)
                         Is that why they have the ancient BSD toolchain? :-) - (static) - (1)
                             it's mostly bsd under the hood - (boxley)

Be still, my beating heart.
121 ms