IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New So how'd he do?
The answer to which, by the way, I expect to say more about the judges than about the kids.
--

Drew
Expand Edited by drook April 26, 2013, 01:35:13 PM EDT
New Didn't place, and wasn't expected to
Technical skills count for a lot at this age, as Andrew mentioned, and you have to reach a certain bar to be considered for the musicality.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Probably a blessing in disguise.
If things come too easy for too long, it can be crushing when the inevitable failure hits. (Peaking too soon can be a life-long curse.) This way he got to see what is necessary for him to win if he decides he wants to continue to compete, and he can decide on his own whether it's worth it.

Cheers,
Scott.
(Who had lots of lessons about failure as a kid. ;-)
New Precisely
That's why his teacher suggested he enter the competition.

However, my 9yo has very little issue with failure. He shrugs it off and runs back in for more whether he won or lost. He's already making plans for next year's competition.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Good choice
If I followed my sister and stayed in ballet I'd be in a wheelchair right now. Sure, I'd have about 10 years of bony toys and glory, but I'd have flamed out big.
New Mental image of Crazy in a tutu
--

Drew
New too early, my first thought was mumu, could see that
then realized that a tutu was not a mumu, not sure I would want to see that
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 58 years. meep
New Sorry
Standard uniform was white t-shirt, black tights, and ballet slippers.

When performing, would wear "period" costume, such as 1800s russian for the Nutcracker.
     "Be prepared to be surprised" - (Andrew Grygus) - (28)
         The problem with piano... - (malraux) - (20)
             Unfortunately, it takes more than practice. - (Andrew Grygus) - (15)
                 Exactly. - (malraux) - (14)
                     So how'd he do? - (drook) - (7)
                         Didn't place, and wasn't expected to - (malraux) - (6)
                             Probably a blessing in disguise. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                 Precisely - (malraux)
                             Good choice - (crazy) - (3)
                                 Mental image of Crazy in a tutu -NT - (drook) - (2)
                                     too early, my first thought was mumu, could see that - (boxley)
                                     Sorry - (crazy)
                     Tiger Moms - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                         Well.. The Maharishi (Mahesh Yogi) did visit LB er, L - (Ashton)
                     Competitions - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                         Love.It.. the power of Words over BS of any stripe. -NT - (Ashton)
                         Excellent -NT - (malraux)
                         Wikipedia knows all. :-) Ivo Pogoreli is the guy. - (Another Scott)
             The problem with competitive piano... - (TB D) - (3)
                 My son thinks it's fun to play for judges - (malraux)
                 Second your First! - (Ashton)
                 Re: The problem with competitive piano... - (Nightowl)
         Link to music - (crazy) - (6)
             Thanks.. and ... *Bravaaa* to this new Maestra! - (Ashton) - (5)
                 Speaking of Pictures at an Exhibition - (crazy) - (4)
                     Interesting.. provocative... - (Ashton) - (2)
                         And, if the Ravel orchestration doesn't do it for you . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                             Thanks for the tip.. - (Ashton)
                     If this mixes well with your chemical peak . . . - (Andrew Grygus)

So less could be more, more could be less, and nothing could be most of all — sometimes.
63 ms