IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Market Positioning...
...which is something I know next to nothing about, however, it boils down to Apple not wanting to be Wal*Mart. And hey, who would? :-) Apple keep pushing the quality, the chic, the nebulous 'prestige' aspect of their products. Going the Wal*Mart or Dell way means cranking out any stuff as cheap as possible so price is the only reason you buy it. Sure it may work, but you don't get a reputation for quality and 'cool' by doing it that way. In the end, I guess it's all about how companies want to be seen, and the kind of people they want to attract.
On and on and on and on,
and on and on and on goes John.
New Didn't work for me
I gave steak when they wanted hamburger, but they still let me go when they found out they can live on hamburger for less than steak. Who cared if the programs created were buggy and caused a lot of support issues, as long as they got done fast and cheaper.

Funny thing about quality at Apple, they use the same chipsets for video, audio, etc that the PC makers like Dell use. Yet somehow the Apple versions are supposed to have a higher quality? I mean ATI or NVIDA chipsets for video, yet the Apple machine is supposed to be better at video? About quality, they said that about the G4 Cubes, yet they cracked up anyway? Maybe they are just built better in most cases instead of being slapped together on assembly lines in other countries. Didn't the same Korean company that made a lot of the PC clones, also make the iMac for Apple? Perhaps it is just a better quality design for Apple systems than the PC companies use?

Quailty should go into a system before it is built. It usually comes from the design phase and ends with the shipping of the system.

I am free now, to choose my own destiny.
New Well... Well made it appears
Is what Wal*Mart is elling... those ones without an OS...

Actually MicroTel has a reputable name, and Does provide reasonable machine for lower cost. Probably a good thing for Wal*Mart is they are that BIG...

It comes to me, that I wonder if WAL*MART really wanted to mop up the Computer industry ... they could. $278 Billion in Sales... with what $1.8 Trillion in Market Cap??? How the HELL would anyone stand up to that. The government couldn't (or wouldn't) much less M$ could do it.

I'd really like to see that 400Lbs Gorilla try and mess with that 2.5 ton Moose.

greg, curley95@attbi.com -- REMEMBER ED CURRY!!!
New OTOH: If Wal*Mart carried Macs
they might help increase the marketshare. Too bad that Apple doesn't allow dealers to carry Macs below the retail price or below what the Apple Web Store can sell them for. If Apple was smart, they would put a SWIAS in Wal*Marts instead of CompUSA.

Otherwise we might see the Macintosh suffer the same fate as the Amiga, niche market slowly churning down marketshare, and expensive machines to try and boost the profits of the company selling them.

I am free now, to choose my own destiny.
     Whoa, here's a new model Apple managed to keep hidden... - (Meerkat) - (13)
         Nah...just got lost in the hype... - (bepatient) - (12)
             Yeah, good point! - (Meerkat) - (11)
                 Sounds good - (orion) - (10)
                     Except it'd kill the iMac stone dead. -NT - (Meerkat) - (9)
                         The Lamp iMac, or the G3 iMac? - (orion) - (8)
                             Probably both. - (Meerkat) - (7)
                                 There is a market for cheaper Macs - (orion) - (6)
                                     There may be a market, - (Meerkat) - (5)
                                         Tell that to Wal*Mart - (orion) - (4)
                                             Market Positioning... - (Meerkat) - (3)
                                                 Didn't work for me - (orion)
                                                 Well... Well made it appears - (folkert) - (1)
                                                     OTOH: If Wal*Mart carried Macs - (orion)

I strongly recommend 72 as a good default.
50 ms