IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Yes it is. :-)
Because it was my point, not yours. Yours is, "yes it's cack, but I can use it just fine". Good. I'm glad. I don't care, though, because it's still a piece of cack. I'm not trying to convince you to stop using it: you have your reasons. But I am wholly recommending that people don't start using it. Life is too short to work with inferior tools whether they can be used or not.

And I wasn't saying those problems were necessarily affecting you. But they are absolutely, positively indications of the poor quality of PHP overall, whether you can work around the issues or not. The language is a mess.

You're supporting my point by talking about how unorthogonal and inconsistent it is, and how many bad PHP programmers there are, and how poor the community is with respect to quality. Those are all excellent reasons not to use PHP as well.

As far as a repaired and trimmed PHP, it's never going to happen. The attitude of Zend and the enormity of the task are such that PHP is always going to be pear shaped.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New I like pears :-P
--

Drew
New They're quite fine as things to eat, yes.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New I thought I did acknowledge that.
A lot of programming languages are broken, weird, cack, inconsistent, stupid, should-have-been-stillborn for any number of reasons. Many are successful despite these. Sometimes because of these problems. That's not a reason to single out PHP. And I remain unconvinced it's a reason to disrecommend it.

But we can agree to disagree, at least.

Wade.
Just Add Story http://justaddstory.wordpress.com/
     Righteous PHP rant - (malraux) - (12)
         Quite nice. Thanks! -NT - (hnick)
         Very righteous. - (static) - (9)
             "Not a problem" is missing the point. - (malraux) - (8)
                 No, it's really not. - (static) - (6)
                     PHP is simply too mental to learn, for me. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                         Yep. -NT - (malraux)
                     Yes it is. :-) - (malraux) - (3)
                         I like pears :-P -NT - (drook) - (1)
                             They're quite fine as things to eat, yes. -NT - (malraux)
                         I thought I did acknowledge that. - (static)
                 Tail -f the apache log MFer - (crazy)
         Jeez.. if physics had settled for such sloppy misuses of - (Ashton)

Looks like I shouldn't have skipped putting on the third coat of sarcasm.
66 ms