LOGIC: all the early steam engines would have exploded (because Carnot had said, "y'know in an odd dream I had: something called PHP killed off a whole civilization..")
Then he added: this conservation-of-energy stuff is just too hard to do Right; I'm going to practice the cornet, instead.

That youse guys can/have-to juggle idiot-tradeoffs as stupid as (examples given) Daily, causes me to admire a mental stamina I could never have managed. Unless at the point of a gun, maybe.

Given all the aggravations of a liff already rendered often unnecessarily complex, by random gadgetry never ever analyzed First:
for even Likely consequences, like fish-killing plastic-polluted seas and landfills of MTons of serviceable toys regularly junked for 'New',
for endlessly growing mountains of ~permanent stuff ... designed for half lives of 6 mos. to a few years..
(Not to mention dealing with inept PHBs + the constant drag of Redmond's even-worse? LOGIC-light, screwing up other machines..)

It's easy to conclude that yer all Nutz, or soon will be. Has anyone studied the particular stress variant which must derive from using tools that demonstrably Suck?
After all, increasing %pop IS already deteriorated. By much simpler daily obstacles, it seems.

I worry about y'all.

Carrion.