IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I think you'll find that Box
is crying bs because...well, they're lying.

Sure Gun Manufactures are claiming their single-shot bolt action rifles are "assault weapons".

Why? Because the public hears about "dangerous assault weapons" and that creates a demand. Since there's no definition of what is an assault weapon, Gun Manufactures can (and will) claim that any weapon is an "assault weapon" if it will generate more sales.

It's sort of like claiming the Thompson Submachine Gun was for "Home Defense".
New Sort of like calling Windows an operating system, right?
Expand Edited by mmoffitt Jan. 25, 2013, 09:10:06 AM EST
New Dang Malraux... where is that *LIKE* button.
And No... I don't really want one.

But you just gotta understand, donchya?
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
PGP key 1024D/B524687C 2003-08-05
Fingerprint: E1D3 E3D7 5850 957E FED0 2B3A ED66 6971 B524 687C
New So the industry used the term
back in the 1980s, but today Box says that they can't call those guns "assault weapons" anymore cause he'll have a sad. Both the industry and I are NOT talking about "single-shot bolt action rifles" - these were military style semiautomatics with the capability for high capacity magazines.

Satan (impatiently) to Newcomer: The trouble with you Chicago people is, that you think you are the best people down here; whereas you are merely the most numerous.
- - - Mark Twain “Pudd’nhead Wilson’s New Calendar,” 1897
New soon as you can tell me the difference
why painting the guns black makes the bullets more evil, you can play
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 57 years. meep
New And...
--these were military style semiautomatics with the capability for high capacity magazines.

So what?

Both you and the industry are still talking semiautomatics (one trigger squeeze, one bullet fired).

And larger magazines? So, you swap magazine more often (it doesn't take that long). A M-16 look alike (firing a measly 5.56) is still pretty wimpy even with a big magazine.

Meanwhile, the 50 cal sniper rifle (bolt action, single shot) is safer?
New And...
--these were military style semiautomatics with the capability for high capacity magazines.

So what?

Both you and the industry are still talking semiautomatics (one trigger squeeze, one bullet fired).

And larger magazines? So, you swap magazine more often (it doesn't take that long). A M-16 look alike (firing a measly 5.56) is still pretty wimpy even with a big magazine.

New you forget lincoln bolted on a whales tail
on the back of his trunk because he heard it would make his Pinto go faster
http://www.holley.co...-29!20H55M43S.jpg
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 57 years. meep
New If you think that's funny
then your humor gene is defective.

Satan (impatiently) to Newcomer: The trouble with you Chicago people is, that you think you are the best people down here; whereas you are merely the most numerous.
New Ummm...
Box, I actually had a 1976 Pinto with a 351 Cleveland in it. Tubs, but it was a hatchback no rear wing.

I didn't put any frame connectors nor reinforced the unibody on it. First time I launched it, I twisted the car and the hatch back glass shattered. I ended up putting a full reinforced frame and roll cage in it.

So yes, my Pinto was fast. I sold it to a another guy, who didn't wear the safety harness and rolled the car and was thrown out of the car and the car rolled over him. The estimated he was doing well over 150MPH. (I had put a gale banks memory tach and speedo in it, it showed about 180MPH as the top speed). He was driving on rolling hills... and left the ground and turned the wheels while in the air... oops.

I like that Red Pinto though. At least its nicely done.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
PGP key 1024D/B524687C 2003-08-05
Fingerprint: E1D3 E3D7 5850 957E FED0 2B3A ED66 6971 B524 687C
New Re: And...

Absolutely not. There is no valid reason why a private citizen should be allowed to own it. And that goes for all of the other Class 3 license items that get sold at that SW Houston gun shop I posted about. Why in the world does anybody need a pair of tripod-mounted .50 cal machine guns?

They don't.

Why should anybody be allowed to own silencers just because they have a Class 3 license?

They shouldn't. There is no valid reason for a private citizen to have a silencer.

New wah, wah, wah churchlady stamping her feet
New wah, wah, wah gunnut whining in Redneckville

Let's talk about "Assault Weapons" - (lincoln) - (22)
         it must be true because it is on the internet - (boxley) - (21)
             So if the gun manufacturers call them - (lincoln) - (20)
                 hey lincoln, heres a pic of your sports car back in collech - (boxley) - (4)
                     Hey Box - can you stay on topic for a change? - (lincoln) - (3)
                         see you are posting elsewhere - (boxley) - (2)
                             go sit on a Claymore -NT - (lincoln) - (1)
                                 if you were involved in the law banning them - (boxley)
                 I suppose you would ban both of these - (boxley)
                 what about this one? - (boxley)
                 I think you'll find that Box - (S1mon_Jester) - (12)
                     Sort of like calling Windows an operating system, right? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                         Dang Malraux... where is that *LIKE* button. - (folkert)
                     So the industry used the term - (lincoln) - (9)
                         soon as you can tell me the difference - (boxley)
                         And... - (S1mon_Jester)
                         And... - (S1mon_Jester) - (6)
                             you forget lincoln bolted on a whales tail - (boxley) - (2)
                                 If you think that's funny - (lincoln)
                                 Ummm... - (folkert)
                             Re: And... - (lincoln) - (2)
                                 wah, wah, wah churchlady stamping her feet -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                     wah, wah, wah gunnut whining in Redneckville -NT - (lincoln)

Happy happy joy joy!
123 ms