IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New McConnell has to scramble to block bill he put forth
http://tpmdc.talking...ft-debt-limit.php
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) wanted to prove on Thursday that Democrats don’t have the votes to weaken Congress’ authority on the debt limit. Instead they called his bluff, and he ended up filibustering his own bill.
McConnell put forth the bill in the assumption it would never pass the Senate. Reid called his bluff and McConnell essentially filibustered his own bill to insure it wouldn't get a vote.

Jay
New Entertaining / Infuriating. But ...
It's great that Harry was able to put Mitch in his place, but what would have happened if the bill had passed?

Pretty much nothing.

It wouldn't have passed the House (not unless it was part of a bigger package that was must-pass legislation).

Yes, indeed, let's keep pressure on Mitch and the other Senate Republicans and let's reform the filibuster rules. But let's not forget that that's only a small part of the problem.

Until the House is sane again, getting anything sensible done will be very painful.

Cheers,
Scott.
New 'Until the House is sane again.. ... .... ..... ...... ....'
Thought about That.. ... .... "Until.."
Came up with ~~

FLASH
This Date, Friday the 13th 2033:

Today, as the DC temperature topped 115 F for the sixth day, and the electric grid dropped twice (before lunch) there was formal agreement to alter the filibuster rule
AND formally acknowledge that: iggerant homo-saps, abetted by greedy entrepreneurs and highly manipulable fantasy-prone consumers:..Have KIlled Us All.. but s l o w l y . . .

New the house was sane in 2008
so sane in fact they suffered incredible losses in the midterms because of their saneness, dear (insert diety of choice) please do not let one party control the house, senate and presidency again it really sucked the last two times we tried that
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 57 years. meep
New Meh. W was president in 2001-2009.
The House changed hands for lots of reasons - one of them wasn't because the Congress and White House were in the same hands.

Things can be pretty crappy with divided government, too.

HTH.

Cheers,
Scott.
New funny, could have sworn that Obama was president,
Pelosi leader of the house and Reid in charge at the senate at one point in time. Voters thought that sucked.
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 57 years. meep
New I can only read you in your posts. (Did you mean 2010?)
Lots of things happened in 2010. The Dems didn't lose the House because of fear about all 3 houses being in D's hands.

http://en.wikipedia....ions,_2010#Issues

Bottom line: Voters were still upset about the economy imploding. Unemployment was too high and they wanted change. They believed the lies that the Republicans were throwing about ("jobs, jobs, jobs", "repeal and replace", etc.). In 2012 they weren't quite as receptive to those lies.

HTH.

Cheers,
Scott.
New had nothing at all to do with
the republicans will have to ride in the back of the bus

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and the Democrats adjourned the House, turned off the lights and killed the microphones, but Republicans are still on the floor talking gas prices.

we understand, the grownups were in charge, stupid voters got in the way.

And according to the voters fucked it up.
you can rewrite history any way you want to.
New 2008-09 doesn't count. Remember? "He didn't have the votes!"
New :-)
     McConnell has to scramble to block bill he put forth - (jay) - (9)
         Entertaining / Infuriating. But ... - (Another Scott) - (8)
             'Until the House is sane again.. ... .... ..... ...... ....' - (Ashton) - (7)
                 the house was sane in 2008 - (boxley) - (6)
                     Meh. W was president in 2001-2009. - (Another Scott) - (5)
                         funny, could have sworn that Obama was president, - (boxley) - (4)
                             I can only read you in your posts. (Did you mean 2010?) - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                 had nothing at all to do with - (boxley)
                             2008-09 doesn't count. Remember? "He didn't have the votes!" -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                 :-) -NT - (boxley)

The LRPDs come from within, not without.
51 ms