IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New There is a reason...
I use XFCE.

It stays out of my way. I'm productive in it.

Unlike any of the current Tablet UIs for the 14 year old out there (UNITY, Gnome3 Shell, Windows 8 RT, Windows 8).

I just won't use them.

Even on my Android, I'm not using the those fancy "swipes" bullshit. Haptic feedback and a reasonable performing smartphone with a nice browser, gmail client, calendar client and a few others... I am set for most stuff.

I only have some games on it to tide time waiting for things.

There is also a reason I use Debian Sid. It just works biatches. If what I'm doing/using ends up having issues... I switch to something else just fine for the time being.

But this whole Tablet interface crap... just ain't gonna cut it for me ever.

Edit: Clarity on the "Tablet UIs for the 14 year old" vs "the 14 year old Tablet UIs" kinda not what I meant.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
PGP key 1024D/B524687C 2003-08-05
Fingerprint: E1D3 E3D7 5850 957E FED0 2B3A ED66 6971 B524 687C
Expand Edited by folkert Dec. 4, 2012, 01:41:58 PM EST
New Not my issue
Sitting back relaxing with a full screen and a big-ass track ball.

If I used a mouse it would kill my wrist.

I added my default apps such as term, gvim, chromium, and took away a couple of the defaults from the bar on the left.

The track ball throws nicely to the bar my apps, and they only launch once if I click them multiple, unless I choose via drop down. This is good. So I click them to launch, and I click the same button to activate when the are down on the window stack. They go wiggly or alarmy to let me know status, so if something needs attention I'll know without something popping up over my current working window, waiting to get the wrong keystrokes. Those icons also allow for killing of the apps on the drop down, no hunting hidden windows.

Really, it goes on and on. I do like it, but NOT on a tablet. My arm would die with those long back and forth artificial movements. But it is really good on a PC with a big screen or 2.
Expand Edited by crazy Dec. 4, 2012, 02:00:56 AM EST
New I knew you'd say basically that. :-)
Just Add Story http://justaddstory.wordpress.com/
     Ubuntu Quantal Quetzal (aka 12.10) - (static) - (19)
         The less I fight it the better it works - (drook) - (11)
             so how do you open up a terminal? - (boxley) - (10)
                 Search for everything - (drook) - (9)
                     thats intuitive, whats a windows key -NT - (boxley) - (8)
                         Well ... - (drook) - (4)
                             Muchas... - (folkert) - (2)
                                 locate is great, provided that you can find a terminal :-) -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                     Re: locate is great, provided that you can find a terminal : - (folkert)
                             hot corners in windows and mac give you a search option - (boxley)
                         Its that funny looking key... - (folkert) - (2)
                             neither my laptop or server has that key -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                 So buy a new keyboard; how much can it be, five bucks? -NT - (CRConrad)
         I hated it - (crazy) - (3)
             I thought I went in with an open mind. - (static) - (2)
                 You probably did - (crazy) - (1)
                     Great with a trackpad on a laptop, too - (drook)
         There is a reason... - (folkert) - (2)
             Not my issue - (crazy)
             I knew you'd say basically that. :-) -NT - (static)

+++ATH
112 ms