IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New WTF!?
Project Orca was supposed to enable poll watchers to record voter names on their smartphones, by listening for names as voters checked in.

I'm not so sure I want someone other than the official poll workers taking notes on when and where I vote. In fact, I'm pretty sure I don't. I don't know the legality of this, but at first glance this bothers me.
--

Drew
New Re: WTF!?
normally they have to wait until after the election for that data. They were trying to do it realtime
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
New SOP, here at least.
Here in NoVA they have the official people sitting at the table, then party people sit behind them in chairs to record names of people coming to vote. They can't talk to the voters, but AFAIK, if they think there's a problem they can talk to the head of the precinct to complain.

They're our version of Jimmy Carter's election monitors. There doesn't have to be anything nefarious (and they can serve as a check on potential errors or issues with the poll workers).

E.g. http://www.vademocra...t/Voterprotection

As a volunteer, you will monitor a precinct to assure compliance with Virginia and federal voting laws. You do not need any prior election law experience; we will train you to properly utilize our materials developed by some of the leading election law practitioners in the country.

The program is also recruiting volunteers for the critical post election canvass. The outcome in close elections is ultimately determined after the polls close and your assistance is critical to ensure every ballot is counted correctly and fairly.

By utilizing your valuable skills and prior experiences, you will ensure the voices of all Virginians are heard and counted. All of the hard work done in preparation for Election Day is lost when votes are not counted, or our Commonwealth's election laws are violated. This is your opportunity to preserve the fragile freedoms that form the foundation of our great Commonwealth.

FWIW.

Cheers,
Scott.
     Management konsultant karma - (rcareaga) - (7)
         WTF!? - (drook) - (2)
             Re: WTF!? - (boxley)
             SOP, here at least. - (Another Scott)
         Good comment on the BJ thread - (drook)
         Tom Levenson: More Geekenfreude. - (Another Scott) - (2)
             Heh, I just posted this in Software & Applications -NT - (malraux) - (1)
                 Rofl. Recursion! -NT - (Another Scott)

And even if we were to live in that alternate universe where they would be right, they'd still be wrong.
69 ms