IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New It is personal for me.
I hear what you are saying. But these "God in Man's Image" fans cannot separate their religion from their policies. And before you go tooting Joe Biden's horn too much, remember that he voted for a bill to overturn Roe. He has also consistently voted against federal funding of abortions and voted for the so-called Partial-Birth Abortion Bill. For the past 5 years it's been important to his ability to keep his nose in the public trough to "become" pro-Choice. He's apparently done so. But, make no mistake, this confirmed plagiarist will say and do anything to keep his nose in the public trough. It's the only way he knows to make a living. If he senses that in order to stay on the public payroll he needs to return to his staunch Catholic values with regard to contraception and abortion, don't blink or you'll miss seeing him switch sides.

I, unfortunately, have had very close relationships with women who have been sexually assaulted. Fortunately, in each case, they were able to take advantage of emergency contraception. Mourdock opposes contraception as well as the voluntary discharge of products of conception. If this son-of-a-bitch is elected, and worse, if that Ayn Rand dipshit grown-up version of Eddie Munster gets to be VP, their policies *will* affect people I know and love. This isn't an intellectual exercise for me.

New Understood, and agreed.
Thanks for the comments on Biden. When I said "I don't care about their personal beliefs" that was too strong. Very strongly religious people in politics make me nervous because it is so difficult to keep those views out of political policy. I've known many strongly religious people who were kind and empathetic and understood how fragile people are. But they're silent when it comes to politics.

Yes, Mourdock and his co-horts need to lose and need to never be in office again. If they win on Roe, they'll keep pushing the rest of their agenda. Contraception will be next. And they won't stop there, either.

Yes, these policies have real effects on real people. Funny how most of those pushing them are either the wrong gender, or past child-rearing age, isn't it...

Women need to understand what's at stake and vote accordingly. With luck, they'll save the rest of us.

Cheers,
Scott.
New On a lighter note.
"Have you noticed that most of the women who are against abortion are women you wouldn't fsck in the first place? There's such balance in nature."
--George Carlin.

Only he didn't use the work for file system check. ;0)
     Words fail me, again. - (pwhysall) - (33)
         Any more questions as to why I call my home state ... - (mmoffitt) - (2)
             Re: Any more questions as to why I call my home state ... - (folkert) - (1)
                 If you have to live in Indiana, I suggest ... - (mmoffitt)
         And Mitt has not pulled his endorsement ad! - (mmoffitt) - (1)
             You really expect... - (folkert)
         Devil's advocate time. - (Another Scott) - (5)
             Billboards I'm seeing around Cleveland - (drook) - (1)
                 Uh, yes and yes. - (pwhysall)
             It is personal for me. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                 Understood, and agreed. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     On a lighter note. - (mmoffitt)
         Re: Words fail me, again. - (lincoln) - (1)
             The Sad Reality. - (mmoffitt)
         As of 1:30 PM today, Fox has yet to mention it - (lincoln) - (11)
             The GOP works for Fox News. Fox won't damage the brand. -NT - (Another Scott)
             Fox finally mentions it - (lincoln) - (9)
                 And so does Stephen Colbert. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                     :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                 My letter to the Editor. - (mmoffitt) - (6)
                     Oooh. You're a brave man. :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                     Re: My letter to the Editor. - (rcsteiner)
                     >Watch Your Back!< ie. do keep us *posted* next. - (Ashton) - (1)
                         As expected. Not selected for publication. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                     Forwarded to multiple people - (crazy)
                     Khrishnamurti says-- - (Ashton)
         Re: Words fail me, again. - (boxley) - (7)
             Welcome back... ;-) -NT - (malraux) - (3)
                 election is over, all my predictions were correct - (boxley) - (2)
                     Da Box is in Da House! :-) Welcome back. -NT - (Another Scott)
                     Must ... not ... question ... faulty ... premise ... -NT - (drook)
             Hey box! Missed ya. -NT - (mmoffitt)
             Thought you'd thrown us under the bus, for.. - (Ashton) - (1)
                 naw I only post to amuse myself - (boxley)

The feeling is there, but you have a long way to go to CRC's level.
140 ms