IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New further to nader
http://www.lawyersgu...ph-lecture-series

cordially,
New He makes a very strong case. Thanks.
New I thought it was a load of crap.
Especially the closing. But then I found this comment and felt much better.
Sorry Scott, Gore was way to the right in 2000. He repudiated the party’s commitment to national health care and ran as a war hawk, including on Iraq. He chose the right wing Joe Lieberman as his veep candidate.

Nobody is ever entitled to the vote of their base. You can certainly argue that it was worse for the country for the left to turn to Nader, but they didn’t owe Gore anything. Gore had every chance to repudiate his conservativism, choose a leftist veep candidate, endorse single payer and oppose militarism, and get the left to vote for him. He didn’t want to earn their votes.

BTW, I voted for Gore in 2000 and Kerry in 2004. I voted for Ralph in 2008 and it didn't count. So, you can't blame me for anything - even if your logic is as tortured as that exhibited in the article/rant at your link.
New Ralph in 2008 was harmless, so good for you
And frankly, mmoffitt, I take the strongest exception to your characterization of my logic as "tortured." Even were my thought processes faulty in this instance—which I do not for a moment concede—the proper term would be "enhanced logic." Do have a care.

cordially,
New Noted. But, ...
in this instance I was referring to Scott Lemieux's brand of logic being tortured. No offense intended toward yours.
     Yeah, the two parties are the same. Give up. Let it burn. - (Another Scott) - (29)
         Yes, they are - (SpiceWare) - (28)
             Point of order. - (Another Scott) - (27)
                 the issue for me - (SpiceWare) - (3)
                     Things can change for the better. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                         it would change faster - (SpiceWare) - (1)
                             Please see my reply below. -NT - (Another Scott)
                 Re: Point of order. - (hnick) - (22)
                     Man - please lighten up a little. :-) - (Another Scott) - (4)
                         yeah, they'll really listen - (SpiceWare) - (3)
                             It was an important call. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                 it was Sheila being Sheila - (SpiceWare) - (1)
                                     Meh. 14 years ago.... :-) - (Another Scott)
                     turning your stomach - (rcareaga) - (16)
                         <blush> You're far more eloquent than me. Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott) - (4)
                             I'm eloquent. You're cogent. There's a difference. -NT - (rcareaga) - (3)
                                 Who's Curly then? -NT - (malraux) - (2)
                                     Every man for himself! -NT - (Another Scott)
                                     Hey Moe! Poink. -NT - (crazy)
                         Re: turning your stomach - (hnick) - (2)
                             Don't. Lets reason together and get closer to the truth. -NT - (Another Scott)
                             'course I don't want you to shut up. - (rcareaga)
                         Um, "not second-guess your ethical stance"? - (mmoffitt) - (7)
                             I was talking about *his* ethical stance - (rcareaga) - (6)
                                 :0) -NT - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                                     further to nader - (rcareaga) - (4)
                                         He makes a very strong case. Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                         I thought it was a load of crap. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                             Ralph in 2008 was harmless, so good for you - (rcareaga) - (1)
                                                 Noted. But, ... - (mmoffitt)

"Yes, but what if you get out of that groove?"
"Well, then I'm in trouble."
206 ms