IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Most new translations have copyrights
Bibles that they put teams of scholars on to provide the latest and greatest translation pretty much have to be copywritten, otherwise some publisher somewhere could lift it and sell their own "authoritative" versions.

Something like the King James bible, sure, that can't be copywritten. (Perhaps any introductory comments might be, but the text itself can't.)
Famous last RPG quotes: "I'll just shoot this fireball down the dungeon passageway..."
New Not if you believe in literalism
If (as many denominations teach) the written text is the literal Word of God, then how can you place a copyright on it? If, however, the printed text represents the (copyright-able) work product of the translators, then wouldn't you have to admit that the text is the word of them?
===
I can't be a Democrat because I like to spend the money I make.
I can't be a Republican because I like to spend the money I make on drugs and whores.
New worK of them, not worD of them is what copyright is about
---------------------------------
A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly by the chain of their own ideas;...despair and time eat away the bonds of iron and steel, but they are powerless against the habitual union of ideas, they can only tighten it still more; and on the soft fibres of the brain is founded the unshakable base of the soundest of Empires."

Jacques Servan, 1767
New If someone is that literal
They need to learn the original Hebrew and Aramaic and Greek and read from the source documents.
Famous last RPG quotes: "I'll just shoot this fireball down the dungeon passageway..."
New Absolute agreement
I've always found that ironic.
===
I can't be a Democrat because I like to spend the money I make.
I can't be a Republican because I like to spend the money I make on drugs and whores.
     The Bible has a copyright? - (SpiceWare) - (7)
         Most new translations have copyrights - (wharris2) - (4)
             Not if you believe in literalism - (drewk) - (3)
                 worK of them, not worD of them is what copyright is about -NT - (tseliot)
                 If someone is that literal - (wharris2) - (1)
                     Absolute agreement - (drewk)
         Yes indeed - (orion)
         A necessary evil. - (static)

This movie doesn't scrape the bottom of the barrel. This movie isn't the bottom of the barrel. This movie isn't below the bottom of the barrel. This movie doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence with barrels.
57 ms