IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Why?
There are supposedly two keyboard types: a thin membrane one and a thicker one with more travel and clicky keys (probably more like an Apple keyboard at that point).

I keep saying this, but again: the Surface RT will not be competitive at the low end against the iPad and Kindle Fire. The Surface Pro will not be competitive at the high end against the ultrabooks and Air.

It's a weird machine, and I think the ultrabooks are better for people who want Windows or Linux on a thin/small form factor.

Here's another thought: the Surface probably won't balance well on a lap, like an ultrabook can.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New It sure looks like a niche product at the moment.
It'll be interesting to see what they finally release, but at the moment it looks like a loser to me (at both ends). They think people are going to be willing to pay $100 more because it's "Windows", and I think they're in for a surprise. At the low end, they'll be killed by Android. At the high end, it's a small niche that Apple owns. But we'll see.

Thanks.

Cheers,
Scott.
     It's pronounced "iPad" - (malraux) - (6)
         Again... - (folkert) - (5)
             Why? - (Another Scott) - (4)
                 Re: Why? - (malraux) - (1)
                     It sure looks like a niche product at the moment. - (Another Scott)
                 Personally... - (folkert) - (1)
                     Ok. - (Another Scott)

Hey, it's a hard day's work in the pits of Minas Morgul, orking cows all day...
54 ms