IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New It depends on the price.
It doesn't look compelling to me. A very thin, small, laptop with a touch screen and a tablet. I expect they'll price them like expensive UltraBooks. Meh.

I agree that it'll likely be a niche product, like their previous pen-enabled versions.

Maybe they'll surprise me.

Thanks for the link.

Cheers,
Scott.
New @$249 or less I may be interested
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
New Don't hold your breath...
http://www.zdnet.com...d-8-tablets/11238

[...]

I also must note that in two ways this was a very typical Microsoft vaporware announcement: promise the world but don’t mention when it will be available or what it will cost.

How vapor is it? During the demo to the hand-picked press and employee audience, the demo tablet crashed when Steven Sinofsky, president of the Windows division tried to run a Netflix application.

While Microsoft refused to announce any pricing, the company did say it would be competitive with comparable ARM tab/Intel Ultrabook-class PC. That would put the RT device at about $500 and the Ultrabook at around $900.

This make me wonder what Microsoft’s original equipment manufacturer (OEM) partners are going to think about this? If I were Dell, HP, et. al., I wouldn’t be one bit happy. As for Apple and the Android vendors, I wouldn’t be in the least bit worried.

There are Android 4.0 tablets on Amazon for less than $100 now. The $250 Archos I got J recently is very very good. Prices for non-Apple tablets are falling. I don't think Microsoft will sell too many of their thingies for $500. They've had ~ 2.5 years to catch up with Apple's iPad and aren't there yet. But we'll see.

Cheers,
Scott.
     New Microsoft tablet - (malraux) - (9)
         It depends on the price. - (Another Scott) - (2)
             @$249 or less I may be interested -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                 Don't hold your breath... - (Another Scott)
         DeLong's Twitter feed... - (Another Scott)
         If I can load Linux on it... - (folkert)
         Ashlee says ARM tablet around October, Intel later. - (Another Scott) - (3)
             No rebooting Linux on the ARMS - (crazy) - (2)
                 bwahaha... - (folkert) - (1)
                     Not really - (crazy)